eighteen, rory's realization

✲══〖✰〗══✲

°˖✧✿✧˖°

RORY WAS TIRED. Her mental state was almost fried, but she already knew that long before she entered 12 Grimmauld Place. She shot awake after having yet another dream, but this time it was different than the others. Instead of seeing a whole scene play out in her mind, Rory was only able to see glimpses of random images: an archway ( that she knew for certain because it appeared the most ), a cackle of laughter in the background, and spells being fired every which way.

As soon as she woke her mood dampened, pangs of sadness coursing through her body. She could barely control the tears that welled in her eyes, soon turning into full on sobs. Rory slipped off the bed and onto the floor in one clean motion. Her head pounded, another factor that added to her tears, and she gripped her hair firmly, trying to make the pain stop.

A woman running . . . Harry yelling after her . . . Rory screaming whilst restrained in someone's arms . . . somebody's missing . . . the archway was lit . . . Lucius Malfoy smiling in triumph . . . everyone sad . . . Sirius . . .

Her chest ached now, the scar burning yet again. It felt like a hot fire was ignited over Rory's body. She had never felt this much pain before, not even when she dreamt of the Cruciatus Curse. Rory couldn't control the screams of agony that emitted from her throat, warranting the running of familiar footsteps up the stairs.

It surely must've been a sight for Sirius to see. His daughter, the girl he thought was dead for years, sobbing in pain. He winced as she screamed again, her voice cracking and it turning into another sob. Rory tugged at her hair forcefully whilst she sobbed over and over, "Please, make it stop!"

Sirius couldn't answer her pleas as he didn't know what pain to make stop, so he cautiously moved over to Rory and crouched down beside her, "What is it?"

"My body . . . is on fire," Rory panted, the cries still evident in her voice. "My head . . . feels like I'm being stoned . . . by cement bricks. . . . I keep seeing things . . ."

"Seeing things? What are you seeing, Aurora?"

"I don't fucking know, Dad!"

Sirius paused in the middle of his next movement, clearly surprised by the word that came from Rory's mouth ( and he wasn't talking about the F word ). Though he could've ran as soon as she spoke the word, he didn't. Instead Sirius spoke, "Tell me what I can do."

Rory cried still. The pain began to subdue, only slightly, but it allowed her to finally get a breath of much needed air just as one final message, a clear image, flashed through her head: