Chapter 1: he doesn't love me

To say that Marinette was upset would be an understatement, the love of her life had said that he loved another girl and the words still rang in her ears every moment of every single day. It was affecting her school work as well as her duties as Ladybug, she knew she couldn't let this get to her it was a one-way ticket to getting akumatized but she felt as if it was impossible, Adrien had unintentionally broken her heart and pain like that was never easy to ignore. "Come on Marinette you need to pull yourself together," she said to herself as she got ready for school "I'm sorry this happened Marinette but I promise everything will be okay." Tikki said offering Marinette her support "thanks Tikki I am fine, it's just going to take some time," Marinette said pulling her bag over her shoulder "come on Tikki, I don't want to be late." She said, Tikki obeyed and hid inside of Marinette's bag "I'll see you later mom," "have a good day sweetheart, and be careful out there it's supposed to be pouring rain later." Sabine said kissing her daughter, as she walked through the light rain Marinette took notice to how quiet Hawkmoth had been the past few days, usually, that would be a good thing but as far as she knew Hawkmoth never took a break from searching for someone to akumatize and there had been no attacks since the defeat of Reflecta. "Tikki I'm worried that Hawkmoth is planning something bad, he's been so quiet it's almost scary," Marinette whispered to her Kwami "I know Marinette I am too but the only thing we can do is be ready for when he strikes again," Tikki explained "but how can we be.." "well well Marinette Dupain Chang," an unpleasant voice said "Chole I didn't see you there," Marinette said forcing a smile on her face. "Don't act all nice with me Dupain-Chang I know you tried to kiss my Adriekins," Chole said giving Marinette her usual death glare "I thought he was a statue," Marinette whispered "that doesn't excuse your actions, I forbid you to go anywhere near my Adriekins or I'll have my father shut down your bakery!" she yelled causing Marinette to form a fist "Aww look Sabrina she's going to cry, what a baby only babies cry at school," Chole said flipping her hair and walking off. "Don't listen to her Marinette, she's just being Chole," Tikki said trying to cheer Marinette up "she's right Tikki, " Marinette said on the verge of tears "Marinette.." but Tikki stopped when Marinette said the transformation words "Tikki spots on," without a second thought Ladybug swung off not aware of the black butterfly following her.