Meeting Tuesday

So- this was one of the first one-shots I decided to make once I created the book, so warning, it's a bit messy. It's a cute one though, cause we need those happy one shots- this takes place a Wellston, right after John beat up Zeke, and no, the first time, not with the previous chapters of unO.

Okay, I hope you enjoy. Again, I wrote this a few months ago, so I hope the writing is okay 😅
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was a bloody mess.

The boy wearing the upside down paper bag on his head knew this very well, after all, he was the cause of it. And even with so much blood on his hands, he couldn't help but feel a smile coming up to the corners of his lips.

'He deserved this,' the boy thought to himself, trying to convince himself that it was some a cause. 'He hurt Seraphina, and now, you hurt him just like he did to her. It isn't cruelty, it's simply karma.'

But no matter how he tried to see it, the answer was still plain. He caused the boy laying on the ground harm, and he knew he would have to pay for it dearly afterwards. Maybe with rumours or sudden suspicions, he didn't know. The only thing he did know, was that he had to keep his ability hidden, from all.

With his messy black hair hidden in the paper bag, the boy named John continued on forth. Leaving the bloody boy on the ground. However, a certain figure was running his way. Not exactly towards him, but in his direction.

His eyes widened, he couldn't let this person see him! Especially with Zekes passed out body on the floor. It looked like a murder, literally, even if John didn't do as much damage as he would've liked.

Pulling off his cover and pretending to play it cool wouldn't work out either, because he would be blamed for the beaten up Zeke, or at worse, rise suspicions.

So instead, he just stood there, doing all he could do to stop shaking. This was bad. Very bad. He should've left earlier, and not spent so much time on the boy...

To his dismay, as the figure was closer, he recognized her. Seraphina. He couldn't believe his horrible luck, and he took a few steps back.

"Huh?" By now, the magenta haired girl had reached the scene, staring at the boy who seemed to have a paper bag on his head that read 'Tuesday.' And a beaten up body on the floor behind him. Obviously, the boy with the mask had been the cause of this, and with the fact that the girl no longer had an ability, she took a few steps back.

John, Who was still frozen where he was, just stood and watched as his best friend backed away from him, putting her hands up. A look of fear crossed her face, and it hurt to say the least. For her to be looking at him like that, it felt like a knife stabbing through his chest.

"D-don't hurt me..." the girl could hardly make out, still backing away. She was shaking by now, angry at her sudden fear. A side of her yelled at her to fight him, but that side was long forgotten, and the voice that seemed to pop up on her mind only discouraged her. She had no ability, what could she possibly do?

Noticing her fear, John simply stood there, not making any movement. Painful memories rushed in, ones with fear filled faces and angry glares and looks.

'Monster.'

He couldn't help himself as he fell to his knees, shaking and clutching his head in his hands. He couldn't help it, but the way Sera looked at him, it hurt him, and he could practically blend in the scene of Claire calling him a monster with Seraphinas face.