Chapter 4

Ciel was relieved to feel the soft sheets of his bed around him when he woke up.

“So it was just a dream” he thought, never opening his eyes “but why would I dream of something so revolting?”

At the same time he heard the door open and Sebastian’s soft but confident step before the door was once again closed.

“I see the Young Master is awake” he said in a low voice.

“Why are you whispering?” Ciel demanded.

“Because it would be rude to intrude on your guest’s sleep.” the butler replied and Ciel could practically hear the smirk in his voice. The boy’s eyes opened wide and he raised himself to sit at the same time, turning his head around, only to find that indeed, Alois was asleep next to him. He groaned, not knowing if he wished to kill himself or the blonde now sleeping in his bed.

“I took the liberty of removing the two of you from the couch since I considered that it was not a view worthy of Lady Elisabeth.” Sebastian continued, unfazed by the horror his statement brought on his master’s face.

” So Lizzie was here while I was ,,, busy with Trancy?”

” The young lady is still in the mansion. She wanted to wait for you until you finish your ,,, nap” Sebastian said with a smirk

Ciel threw one last uncaring look at Alois then turned to his butler again.

“Dress me. I have to attend to Lady Elisabeth. See that he is out of the way as fast and noiseless as possible.” Ciel said while Sebastian was taking some clothes out of the dressing room.

All of a sudden, Ciel seemed to be alarmed by something.

“Where is his butler?” he asked pointing at the sleeping blonde next to him.

” He is comfortably seated in the garden, having some nice birds to entertain him” Sebastian said with a tinge of sarcasm in his voice “that is of course, until they are eaten by some cat and Claude is found by Pluto. “

“So you just tied him there to buy some time ,,, I hope Lizzie has not seen him”.

“The lady didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary” was the butler’s reply as he opened the door for Ciel.

As he walked past the wooden door, Ciel could hear rustling of sheets and a faint moan, but paid no attention.

As usual, Lizzie was a nuisance with her loud shrieks, absurd requests and overall happy self. But, strange enough, Ciel was not as bothered as he could have been. Truth be said, she could provide a decent enough distraction and it was something Ciel was grateful for. While being covered in his fiance’s too sweet perfume, the Phantomhive Earl relaxed knowing that he won’t have to deal with the consequences of his actions at least for a while.

” Ciel , what is it? You look worried. ” she asked all of a sudden frowning, making the young boy jump in surprise. He looked at her and softened his gaze so she would be fooled by his face.

” Nothing of importance, just some business trouble. It is not worthy of your attention actually. ” Ciel dismissed it and made a smile appear on Lizzie’s face at the last sentence.

” Shall we have some tea then. ” she replied looking at Ciel and then at Sebastian who just appeared after being gone for 10 minutes.

Lady Elisabeth remained in the mansion for another 3 hours before leaving a relieved and very tired Ciel to finally enjoy his silence. Or so he thought ,,,

” Did you get them out of here? ” the Phantomhive heir asked while heading to his study.

” Of course, Young Master. After the Trancy Earl woke up, he did not have any objection in leaving. “