Chapter 1 - A Letter?

1st Person

After wondering what happened to Kendo since she stopped seeing me, I decided just to move forward since that's what my mother would want me to do. Right now I'm just cleaning and sharpening my katana since its been getting a little dusty since I haven't been training lately. As I was cleaning my sword, I thought about my mother and the words she said.

Remember what I said Y/N... Work hard... and believe in yourself... If you want to be a hero...

I almost shed a tear remembering those words from my mother before she died.

Y/N - "I will mom... I will..."

After that, my brother and sister entered my room holding something behind their back. They both had bright smiles on their faces.

Y/N: "What is it?"

Y/N's sister - "It's something for you"

They handed me an envelope, confused on why they gave it to me.

Y/N - "What's this for?"

Y/N's brother - "Turn it around"

I turned around and saw something that shocked me.

Y/N - "Holy shit"

It was a letter from UA High, one of the greatest schools to become a pro hero. A dream came true for me since I was a child. I opened the letter and read it to both my brother and sister.

Dear Y/N L/N

As we were looking through the records of (school name), we saw that you have so much potential to become a pro hero. If you like, we will be transferring you to UA High to come and study for us. Hope you enjoy your time being in UA High.

Sincerely,
Principal Nezu

I was so happy that I started crying in tears of joy that I would be transferring to UA High. My brother and sister started to congratulate me.

Y/N's brother - "Congrats little brother, you finally made it to UA High"

Y/N's sister - "I know mom would be proud of you for making your dream come true"

Mother. The only person who believed that I would become a pro hero.

Flashback - 8 years old

Bully - "Beat it geek, you'll never be a hero"

Y/N - "Y-yes I will"

Bully - "Ha ha ha, you think you can become a hero without a quirk? You'll be nothing"

Timeskip

Y/N - *crying* "He said I won't become a hero since I don't have a quirk"

Y/N's mother - "Don't listen to him Y/N, I know you can become one if you just believe"

Flashback Ends

Remembering those words from my mother put a bright smile om my face. She said to believe and I did, a dream came true.

Y/N - *in head* 'Thank you mother. Thank you for believing in me. Just wish you were here to see this moment'

After that, we all celebrated the whole day for being accepted to UA High.

The Next Day

After waking up from the celebration yesterday, I began to get my things packed for UA High. Then came in my brother and sister.

Y/N's sister - "Are you ready to go to UA Y/N?"

Y/N - "I've always been ready for this day to come"