Chapter 2

It's a given that Zeus wanted nothing to do with the child but in the deepest darkest pit of his wretched soul an ugly unfelt emotion began to grow, one would call it pity. She would be forever bound to a monster like him and it was but no fault of her own. He decided to pay a visit to the bed ridden girl.

The smell of chemicals were pungent in the stale air of the cold hospital room. The steady beeps of the little girls vitals echoed loudly. Zeus took advantage of the time when her parents had finally gone downstairs to eat.

He watched her for a long moment. Taking in her soft features rather than the wires and tubes sticking into her small body. Being this close he could feel the foreign feeling of being so conscious, conscious of someone besides himself. She has a strong heart, he noted. She wasn't harmed except for his mark etched onto her ribs, the light pink lichtenberg figure only slightly trailed up to her collar bone. She may be in bed for a while as her body adjusts to his.

Running his smooth knuckles along the paleness of her puffed cheeks Zeus sucks in a sharp breath when he feels a current run up the length of his arm, sending chills throughout his entire body.

Zeus is quick to pull back. Gazing at the deep brown halo of hair framing her pudgy little face Zeus decided he doesn't want her. As a mate that is. She's a child. There's no way he could ever see her any different than how he views her adorableness now but for the sake of them being bound he'll be there to protect her.

One year later...

With nothing much to do in his palace above Zeus found himself more often than not monitoring his fated with mild curiosity. After a year he was beginning to find it quite frustrating how often this fragile being managed to get herself into life threatening situations. He's often able to feel her feelings but with her being so naive it's been difficult determining whether or not she's in any genuine danger.

"But he 'swas going to gimme candy!" A small voice squeals in exasperation.

Zeus sighs heavily at the child pulling wildly at the hand grasping hers, he decided to let go when the unfamiliar zap of electric currents intensified by their contact. Zeus realized a while back it was related to their bond, it made the god uneasy to have something he'd grown so accustomed to now has him wanting to run the opposite way.

"He was a bad man Astraia." Zeus hadn't felt the need to inform the now five year old of that filthy pedophiles intentions. Now the man was nothing more than dust in the wind. Literally.

"He 'swas jus being nice. So since you made him go away you have to gimme my candy now Joonie." The tiny girl stopped and looked to him expectantly, calling him by the alias he'd given her.

I'm too old for this shit, He thought.

Distaste evident on his face as he knelt on the bright green grass with his white slacks.

He looks slightly downward, now only towering a foot above the girl. He couldn't help but admire her adorable button nose and thick set of lashes framing her doe-like hazel eyes. Anyone with sight could see that she was the cutest thing to ever exist on the planet and that's saying something because Zeus hates kids. Dogs are definitely better.

"Close your eyes." Zeus tells the girl firmly.

Astraia's little pink lips pucker into a pout. "But I wanna see your magic Joonie."

"I'm afraid this is a different type of magic my little star, so if you want your candy you'll have to do as I say."

She frowns. "But you'll show me one day?"

"Sure." Zeus says, not really wanting to argue with her.

With a wide smile she quickly covers her eyes with the palms of her hands.

Zeus looks at the numerous people walking around them, paying no mind as they enjoy their human festivities. In a swift motion he reaches out and swipes a bag of candy from a kid walking by.

The boy stops and looks around for his candy, clearly confused but Zeus acts oblivious.

"I'm waitinggg." Astraia sings and Zeus' lips lift without realizing.

"Open." He says while holding out the bag in the palm of his large hand.

Her eyes widen a bit and she releases a big squeal. When she excitedly reaches for it Zeus pulls it back and her expression deflates.

"Before you get your candy I need to make sure you know never to trust strangers. If you need anything I will always give it to you and it'll be bigger and better, okay?"

For once Zeus was able to breathe a breath of fresh air when he noticed the serious look splayed across the little girls face.

"I pwomise. But that awso means you have to gimme everything I want." She holds out her tiny pinkie and Zeus looks at it briefly before meeting her eyes. Her intertwined the little finger with his big one. He was going to find himself regretting this promise one day.

With that being said she takes a big leap and throws herself onto Zeus, making him stumble a bit. Taken aback he doesn't seem to noticed that she'd taken the candy from him. Astraia sat crouched in his lap while unraveling a candy from over his shoulder. He went stiff as she hummed happily beside his ear. Zeus wasn't used to this sort of affection but he often found himself in these types of situations when it came to the girl. Her parents raised her to be very loving and sweet, something Zeus found himself contemplating whether or not that was actually a good thing.

"Good." He mutters with a small frown but he still hadn't pulled away from her.

The moment was sweet in certain aspects despite Zeus' clear discomfort. Astraia rambled on about different candies and her likes and dislikes all to which Zeus hummed a soft reply. Her tiny hands fiddle with the friendship bracelet on the elders wrist as she speaks with a happy smile.

Though the moment was short lived when Astraia's distraught parents came into view with a theme park security officer, Zeus vanished.

Astraia has now been placed in a loving hold, happily telling her parents Namjoon gave her candy with his magic and kept her compliant whilst she was lost.

They'd become fairly familiarized with Astraia's imaginary friend by now but that wasn't what they were thinking about at the moment, they were just happy their daughter was safe.

•.•.•.•.•.

Astraia- I pronounce it as (ah- stray- ah) or (Ae- stray- ah)