Chapter 6

A celebration of the gods was held, as it annually is in mount Olympus

A celebration of the gods was held, as it annually is in mount Olympus. While every god and deity alike partied to their hearts content. A few Gods in particular sat by idly on their thrones.

"She's grown now." A teasing voice mutters absentmindedly from the mouth of a body sitting comfortably on a marble chair.

Zeus quietly broods from beside him, his bridled boredom unmatched by all the bodies residing in the room. "Why is it you feel the need to keep tabs?"

Ares smirks. "I've become quiet fond of the girl, what can I say?" Although Zeus' face of indifference fails to falter, Ares is well aware of his friends unease.

"Are you speaking of Zeus' fated?" A voice interrupted, sounding far too excited for either of the gods.

"No."

"Yes."

Zeus sends Ares and a look of irritation at the opposing answer but the other pays him no mind. He was really starting to regret accepting the invitation to this party.

"I heard she's a beauty, I can't wait to meet her. Maybe one day I can make a visit to the human realm-"

"Absolutely not." Zeus cuts the younger God off mid sentence yet the mischievous flicker in the others eyes only lighten at Zeus' disapproval.

"I have to agree with Zeusie on that one Hades. My Astraia is far too lovely, I don't want you tainting her with your morbid ideals." Ares dismisses. "Don't look at me like that, if you won't claim her then I will." Ares says smugly when Zeus flashes him a sharp look.

"Oh come on. Persephone was as pure as light itself when I'd first met her and she has yet to dim." Hades says as a matter of factly, his dark eyes momentarily dart over to his beloved as she mingles amongst the crowd.

"What are you going to do when she decides she wants to date, or get married. I can only imagine if she were to have children-"

"She won't!" Zeus bellows angrily at Ares words. Uncontrollable disgust boiled at the pit of his stomach even with the fabricated scenario.

Ares frowns. "Zeus, you know that isn't fair to her. Astraia's already lived two decades, you can't expect her to live alone forever. She's already losing self esteem after all the traumatizing events you cause every time she's in the presence of a male." The Gods look judgmentally towards Zeus as they hear this statement.

Zeus stands abruptly. The coldness of his eyes would be enough to freeze over hell if he tried. But Ares, being the God of War, refuses to back down. Hades sits back silently at the exchange, the blood in his veins pumping with excitement. Though Hades was openly participating in Zeus and Ares conversation, he wasn't the only one listening. Four other Gods sat amongst them.

Much to Hades disappointment Zeus suddenly vanishes from sight leaving a sap of electricity in his wake.

"Ares, you shouldn't push Zeus on the subject. You don't know how it feels to be bonded, let alone to a mortal. Zeus deals with things a lot differently than us." Apollo speaks up.

Though the discussion amongst the infamous gods may have seemed heated there are two in particular who held little secrets of their own, ones that would make Zeus strike them down if he were to find out.

After the celebration of the gods Astraia obliviously spent her days on earth with her best friend. Summer was in full swing and she didn't know what to do with herself now that her last semester of college had ended.

"Seph, I met someone today." Astraia says absentmindedly as she carefully applies black polish to her friends nails.

"Really?" The others sultry voice murmurs as she observes her freshly painted opposing hand.

"Yep, he stopped some guys from harassing me." Astraia gently blows at the paint. "He even held my hand. It was weird."

The hand gripped in hers is snatched away instantly making Astraia huff in annoyance.

"Nothing happened when he held your hand?" Her best friend asks curiously, her honey colored iris' shining intently.

"For the first time no. I didn't know what to do." Astraia's mortified expression makes her best friend laugh.

Being best friends with Astraia, Persephone came to learn about her strange luck when it came to her presence around men and by luck she means Zeus being a dick and ruining her chances with any male on earth. To Astraia, Persephone was the first person to ever truly accept her. Even though their friendship started out as nothing more than Persephone being nosey about Zeus' mate it became something pure and unbreakable.

"What was he like?" Persephone asks excitedly, happy Zeus was finally making a move.

Astraia shrugs. "Kind of dark and mysterious. He had a beautiful smile."

Persephone's smile turns bright and sickeningly sweet and she nodded her head expectantly as if waiting for her to continue.

"Um, lets see... I took him to my favorite restaurant, it really wasn't anything too exciting. I was just trying to thank him. Oh yeah, his name is Hoseok, he's foreign."

Persephone's smile drops to one of distaste. "Hoseok? No dimples and long silvery hair?"

"Yes?" Astraia's brow raises in confusion. "He had brown wavy hair but he did have the tiniest dimples at the corners of his mouth. Why, was he supposed to have long silver hair?" She almost snorts.

"I just know someone that goes by that name. I'm not the biggest fan of him." The raven haired beauty waves off before asking, "Did he try anything on you?"

"No, he was really nice but something about him just seemed so familiar. This is going to weird but when I was little I used to have an imaginary friend named Hosuck, and I used to call him my ho ho." Astraia laughs. "I still have the pictures I drew of him and everything. Apparently he wasn't too fond of shirts, my parents thought I'd watched porn and conjured up some person to deal with the trauma."

Persephone laughs loudly. "I can't wait to tell Jimin about this."

Astraia perks up at the mention of her best friends boyfriend. "When's he supposed to be back?"

"Two more months." Persephone's tone was just as sullen as her expression.

"Don't worry time will pass in no time, then you'll be wanting to take your words back."