Chapter One: Cool

203*(78:4) - 76 + 21=

"NOOOO!!"

    I groaned and put my head in my hands.

   My little sisters were fighting — probably about some boy band. Meanwhile, I couldn't concentrate on my math homework. And I loved math.

    My parents were out, so I was on my own. And of course, my phone was charging, so I couldn't plug my earbuds in.

   "NOT TRUE!"

   I drummed my fingers on the table, trying to drown them out.

"LIAR!"

   I clenched my fists.

"WHAT? YOU JUST HATE THEM BECAUSE I LIKE THEM!"

   That's it. One more time and I'll —

"You're such a know - it - all! BREEEEEEE!"

   That was the last strike. I got up from my desk, marched into the living room, and put my hands on my hips. "What's wrong with you three!?"

   Alyssa, my eleven - year - old sister, flicked a strand of blond hair behind her shoulder. "Hailey said that One Direction are totally lame!"

   Hailey, age ten, crossed her arms. Her brown eyes clouded, and she tightened her chocolate - colored ponytail. "Oh, yeah? Look, Alyssa, One Direction are old news. Kpop is the new popular music style. Got7 are popular, new, and so cute!" she sighed dreamily. "Bambam is my future husband—even if he doesn't know it yet."

   "It doesn't matter how they look like!" Camille rolled her blue eyes. Her freckles stood out whenever she was annoyed. "Gosh, it doesn't matter how they look! You have to listen to what their music sounds like. BTS is the way to go." Then she added, "And Bambam cannot replace Jungkook, Hailey."

"You're only eight, Camille," Alyssa shot back. Her hazel eyes glinted. "You're too young to understand music."

   I clenched my fists. "Are you kidding me? Can't you talk about anything other than boy bands? Or some relationship from a novel? That's so shallow! And I'm trying to do my math homework, if you please, so be quiet!"

   All three girls stared at me angrily.

   I sighed. "Where's Lilli?"

   My two - year - old sister was probably the one I favored most. With her wispy blond hair and bright blue eyes, she was absolutely adorable. Her pale skin made her rosy cheeks even rosier. And she was the only one who didn't spend her time drooling over boys.

   Hailey scowled. "In her crib."

"Did you feed her?"

   "What do you think?"

   I rolled my eyes.

   I hurried to the kitchen, mixing some nonfat milk into the baby formula, and poured it into a nursing bottle. I capped it, then hurried downstairs to my parent's room where Lilli slept.