Prologue

Jaywind^

A gray tabby slipped into the nursery, his blue eyes shimmering with uncertainty. He stood in front of a black she-cat, her green eyes glowing with pride, it was two days after her kitting. "Hello Leafwhisker" he said. "Hello Jaywind, we have two, a tom and a she-kit" Leafwhisker purred. She unravelled two small kits one was black and the other was black and white, they were smaller than regular kits. "They were born half a moon early and there was another, a tom, he looked exactly like you" she said nervously, as to see how her mate would react.

Jaywind looked at the kits in disgust, they looked very weak and scrawny in his view. "They are too small and weak" he spat "I will not stay near those kits! They will make me look weak! You will take care of them on your own, I love Duskleaf, not you, I will never partake in their pathetic lives!".

Leafwhisker stared at him in shock. She told herself, she was not going to shed any tears. "Get out Jaywind-and never speak to me ever again! Go with Duskleaf and have kits with her! I don't care! GET OUT!" Leafwhisker shouted.

She curled her lip as he left. Leafwhisker looked at her kits, the black and white one opened her eyes, then came the black one. "I will name you Fernkit" she meowed gently to the black and white she-kit because he had green eyes, like the ferns "and you will be Blackkit" she said softly to the black tom who had blue eyes-Jaywinds blue eyes.