Chapter 1

Leaves and heather rustled, a small black and white kit stood next to a heather bush in the nursery. The kit was alerted by the rustle and hunched her shoulders. A black kit pounced onto her. She batted him with her soft little paws. "Blackkit! Get off!" she hissed. Blackkit got off his sister. "Come on Fernkit! Play with me" Blackkit begged.

"Play with Flamekit" Fernkit meowed. "But he is asleep" Blackkit pointed out. "Fine" she was defeated. She swung her head from one side and looked at him. "Why do you always do that?" Blackkit asked. "Because I cant see from the left side" she answered.

"It's okay, how about we go to Gingerheart and Frostpaw?" He suggested. "Okay" she sighed. They both went to the medicine cat den to be greeted with a cough. "Hello little kits, what brings you here?" Frostpaw meowed, his white coat sleek and shiny. Blackkit wanted sleek fur too, but he still had kitten fluffy fur. "Fernkit can't see from her left side" Blackkit meowed. Frostpaw took a closer look to Fernkits eye. "That's because she is half-blind" Frostpaw meowed sadly "she cannot become a warrior now".

Fernkit ducked her head sadly and Blackkits heart sank. "Then-I will teach her" Blackkit blurted. "That's very sweet of you Blackkit, but it will be hard for her" he said. "Thank you Frostpaw, we better go" he said gratefully.

Blackkit and Fernkit padded beside each other towards the nursery. A few warriors were gossiping about something and was pointing at Fernkit, they must have overheard them in the medicine cat den. Fernkit looked down and her tail dropped. "Hey it's ok, don't get those gossiping mouse-brains get to you, you are perfect just the way you are, and I'll make sure you become a warrior" Blackkit said in Fernkits ear. She cheered up a little.

Before they took a step forward, Jaywind, the Willowclan deputy walked towards them. What did that evil cat want now?!