Dos.

Fitzcarraldo - an image that somehow becomes lodged into your brain.

- 2 -

"Meeting adjourned!", his voice boomed in the conference room

"Meeting adjourned!", his voice boomed in the conference room. The only reason to end the meeting early was Mr. Benjamin. Why? Simple. Because he knows how to piss people. This project was supposed to help them in building a new empire. But bakka boom Mr. Benjamin decided to bring up some totally off topic issues which made the investors think about their decision again. Well Mr. Benjamin was going to be at loss only. Zilal Ahmed has never needed anyone's help, except his dad ofcourse.

"This project is cancelled. We do not need such people whose interest resides in money only. Your behavior is showing how much you're interested. It's better if we end it here Mr. Benjamin. Imran will show you out." He said referring to his PA. Zilal Ahmed walked out of the hall with such grace that it forced his employees to have a look at him. He entered his office and was greeted by the sight of his lovely sister typing furiously on her phone. She looked up and smiled. "Bhai! You know what? Wait, how did the meeting go? I'm sorry I forgot to ask."

"Well. I think it went well. We've called off the project for better. Anyways, what brings you here? Not that I mind your presence."
"Rohaan. He's the reason I am here. He ditched me at univeristy again just because he had a last minute date with Samra. The girl who lacks clothing." This is how she has always described Samra. And maybe this was the most accurate sentence for her. "I don't think our twin bond is intact anymore. Like, how come I'm the sane one and he is insane. Even though I'm 2 minutes younger than him."

Zilal chuckled at the end of her rant. "So, what do you want me to do?". Zaina looked at him and sighed. "I don't really know. You'll scold him. He'll listen once and then go back to his previous ways. I'm going to ask mom to get him married. I don't care if he's left with a semester or not." There was nothing much Zilal could at the moment because he knew no matter how much his younger siblings fight, they'll always be there for each other to protect them from facing his wrath.

"Alright Zaina. I have to go now. I'll see you at home. Take my driver with you. And no arguments."
Zaina looked at him and nodded. Going against his orders would prove futile. She knew it very well.
Hugging her brother she left the premises of his office.
Zilal went near the glass wall behind his chair and looked at the rain outside. Rain before the start of winter was the best thing. He never hated it. It gave him a sense of comfort.

He called his PA and asked him to cancel his meetings for the rest of the day because he had better plans for himself. Going to his car he unlocked the door and started the engine. Driving aimlessly on the roads of Islamabad was his favourite. And with rain, he enjoyed it more. He continued driving for straight two hours. Going back to home was far from his thoughts. But his mother's message brought him out of his thoughts. He was asked by her to come back soon and that they were all waiting for him on the dinner table.

He shook his hand and followed the route to his home. He stopped the car outside his home and gave the keys to the guard. He entered the lobby and saw his mother scolding Rohaan. Zaina has done her work. He thought. "Mama, Assalam-u-Alaikum."
"Waalaikum Assalam. You're late. I wish I could punish you for this. Where were you? I know you were not in your office." He smiled and kissed his mother's forehead. "I just decided to give some time to myself so you know driving here and there." "I don't think I can ever stop you. Go change your clothes and come downstairs for dinner."

"Okay. I'll be back." Before leaving for his room he briefly glared at Rohaan. Rohaan knew he had to go through another round of scolding, thanks to Zaina.

Zilal entered his room and went towards his study table after switching on the lights. He opened the first drawer and picked up a letter he had found a few years back on his car's windshield. He never knew who wrote it. Its sides were totally crumbled as if someone had held it so tightly.

For some weird reason he always kept the letter with him. The words always made him think about the person who wrote it. They looked like they were going through a hard time. Or maybe it was just a bratty teenager trying to get his or her parents' attention and persuading them into buying him/her a new car or a new phone. He kept it back and looked outside through the doors of balcony. It was still raining.

○--------------○

Another chapter. I never expected to get 17 reads so soon.

Vote. Comment.
And have a nice day!