Cuatro.

Mauerbauertraurigkeit - the inexplicable urge to push people away, even close friends who you really like—as if all your social tastebuds suddenly went numb.

- 4 -

Ellie considers herself my best friend

Ellie considers herself my best friend. But am I really one? I've never told her about my life. Will she break our friendship when she comes to know about me? Will she consider me a bad person like everyone else? Her mind was always occupied by such questions. "I never thought I'd get to talk to you. You always seemed so distant. Right now, you're in your own world. You're the biggest introvert I've ever met."

Alaia had no other option than to look at Dania and pass her a soft smile. Dania continued to talk to Alaia who was busy looking outside the window of the plane. She was going to Pakistan, her homeland. She never expected one week to fly so fast. Ellie had cried a lot while saying goodbye to her. She's such a kid. Ellie was 2 years younger than Alaia. The rest could never be talked about.

"I'm going to Pakistan after a long time. What about you Alaia?"
"Uh. Same. It's been a while.", Alaia replied.
"Do you have any family there?" Alaia starred outside the window thinking how to answer Dania's question.
"No, I don't have anyone there. It's just me and my mum."
"Yeah, I've seen her at the campus many times. She's a really graceful lady. You don't look like her at all. I mean your hair's pitch black and she's a natural brunnette. You have pretty grey eyes and your mum's eyes are brown. Maybe you look like your dad." Alaia didn't say anything. There was nothing to say. Dania had no right to interfere in her life so much. But this is how Dania was. Her jolly nature was kind of annoying but Alaia couldn't do anything about it.
"We're about to land.", Alaia whispered to Dania. Dania quickly nodded and moved her seat back to its upright position.

" Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Islamabad International Airport. Local time is 2:00 P.M. and the  temperature is 20°C. For your safety and comfort, please remain seated with your seat belts until the Captain turns off the Fasten Seat Belt sign. This will indicate that we have parked at the gate and that it is safe for you to move about. Kindly turn on your mobile phone when the mobile phone sign is turned off. Please check around your seat for any personal belongings you may have brought on board with you and please use caution when opening the overhead bins, as heavy articles may have shifted around during the flight. If you require deplaning assistance then please remain in your seat until all other passengers have deplaned. One of our crew members will then be pleased to assist you.
On behalf of British Airlines and the entire crew, I’d like to thank you for joining us on this trip and we are looking forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. Have a nice stay!”

Alaia dared to look out of the window. All she could see was the workers moving here and there. "I'm so excited! I can't wait to get out of the airport."
Alaia gave Dania a forced smile. She wanted to ask her that how could she talk so much without a break. Ellie loved talking too, but she was nothing in front of Dania.  When everyone got off the plane, Alaia and Dania got up from their respective seats and looked for Umar and Sara. "Maybe they're gone."
"Or maybe they're making out somewhere. What? Don't look at me like that Alaia. Don't tell me, you don't know about them. They're one of the famous couples at UClan. People fantasise them.", Dania said giving Alaia a 'duh' look.