Chapter 2

The next day I was the first to wake up, as usual. I stayed in bed and waited for a little while knowing that Aria would be the next to wake up. She would always end up laying with her head on my chest, and when she felt the change in my breathing and heartbeat she would wake up. About three minutes later, Aria was awake.

   "Happy Birthday!" she yipped, licking my face.

  "Good morning to you, too, little one." I laughed. "Ready to go make breakfast?"

  She nodded her head in response and rolled off of me. When we got to the edge of the bed, I stood up before turning around and picking her up. She was quite light and loved being carried just as much as I loved carrying her. Mom and Dad say that we spoil her too much, but can you really blame us? I mean, I spoil all of my siblings unapologetically, but come on now. She's just too cute.

   Her little paws wrapped around my neck and her head rested on my shoulder. I held her with one arm as I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen.

   "Any requests?" I asked Aria, setting her in one of the chairs sitting at the island.

   Aria looked as if she was thinking for a second.

   "Well, it is your birthday, so whatever you want is what we'll have." She said. "Oh! And Madison and Toby are on their way with Camren, and you know how picky she is. But as long as you're the one cooking, we should be fine."

   I nodded and got out everything I needed. After about ten minutes of cooking, the front door busted open.

   "Mama!" A little voice yelled from the living room.

   "In here, Princess."I answered. I could here her little feet as she ran against the tile. My smile was big at the sight of my three year old god-daughter. Having not seen her in over a week, I was overjoyed to finally be able to see her smile again.

   I had just taken the bacon out of the oven and was finishing up the steaks for Dad, Lily, and Aden. There were already a few waffles done, but with the way everyone eats, I wasn't anywhere near done. I picked up Carmen and put her on my hip.

   "Hey, Princess." I smiled.

   "Hey Mama! Happy Birfday!!" She squealed. I laughed and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

   "Why, thank you. How was Disneyland? Did you have fun?" She gave me a big smile.

   "Yeah! I got to see Stitch, and Goofy, and Belle! And I even got to see your favorite!" She chirped.

   "Oh really? Did you take some pictures for me?"

   "Yeah, but Mommy said you can't have d'em 'til you birfday party tomo'woh."

   I gasped and put my hand over my chest while Aria let out a wolfish snort.

   "How dare she keep pictures of my princess from me!" I exaggerated. "Where is she so I can give her a piece of my mind?"

   Just that moment someone cleared their throat behind me. My face went pale as I turned around slowly. Madison was leaned up against the kitchen's entrance with Toby standing behind. They both had their arms crossed and their eyebrows quirked. Camren was a giggling mess in my arms, and Aria was laughing so hard that she fell out of her chair.

   "There was something you wanted to say?" Madison asked. I gulped down the knot in my throat and scratched the back of my head.

   "Huh? What are you talking about?" I laughed. Just then Aden and Lily were making their way down the stairs. Lily was sporting one of my t-shirts, which swallowed her, ending right above her knee, and Aden was wearing a pair of my sweats and a tank-top.