Chapter 4

I lay in bed silently as this discomfort takes over my body. My spine felt as though it was growing, as well as my tailbone.  At one point my body had even forced me onto my stomach as to reduce the pain as much as possible.

   My head pulsed and I could feel something forcing its way through the flesh on my temple. Tears had begun to blur my vision while I lay helpless and paralyzed. I had never experienced something so painful. I felt lightheaded and closed my eyes to be taken by sleep.

   When I opened them I was back on the beach. I started to look around frantically in hopes of seeing her.

   "Looking for something?" I heard, but when I turned around, nobody was there. Her chuckles could be heard, but so could something else. Like flapping. The flapping of wings?

   Just a moment later I froze. A woman had fallen from the sky in front of me. She was kneeling with her head bowed and fist on the ground, big bat-like wings closed up on her back. Then she stood... and my heart stopped.

   She was around my height, maybe an inch taller. Her skin was a caramel color and her long, hip-length hair was an ash-grey. She had thick, ram-like horns curled at the sides of her head. The outfit she wore was more like underwear, her top covering her breasts like that of a bikini, and her bottoms appearing to be a type of booty shorts. Seeing as she had a body much like mine, her shorts looked quite small and cheeky. She also wore ankle booties. Her whole outfit seemed to match her eyes, which I recognized as the golden ones I had seen in the bathroom mirror.

   "Nice to see you again, little Niko. Did you miss me?" The woman teased.

   "Miss you? I don't even know you." I replied. With everything going on right now, I just wanted answers.

   The woman just smiled at me.

   "That's okay," She spoke. "because we know you" My eyes narrowed at the woman.

   "We?" I asked. Her smile got bigger and her wings shot from behind her back. They were were huge being that each wing looked to be about four feet wide and six and a half feet tall. She turned around and only then did I realize the long, thick tail that looked to be covered in a black, leathery skin to match her set of wings.

   She turned her head and looked my way, sticking her hand out for me to grab.

   "Come on!" She said. "Jaylix is gonna freak when she see's you."

   I hesitated. Should I take her hand? I don't even know her. Who the hell was she? And who the hell was this "Jaylix" person? There were so many unanswered questions and I didn't know what to do.

So, I took her hand. She pulled me into herself, holding me tight. Then she squatted down and jumped into the air. We shot up like bullets and I squeezed her torso like my life depended on it, because it did.

Out came her wings, flapping effortlessly in the wind to keep us afloat.

She then held the back of m head, burying my face into her breasts.

"The view is very beautiful," She said. "but this is our first time flying together. I don't want you getting scared and panicking."

In a way, I was grateful. Only our Goddess knows what I would've done had I been able to see the ground from here.

Only a minute or so later the woman began to slow down. My body felt as though I was being tossed in the air, then lowered slowly until my feet finally touched the ground.

"We're here." She said. Slowly, she peeled her arms away from my body.

Looking around me, I could see that we were on a balcony. The view from here was gorgeous, overlooking crystal blue waters and burnt-orange sand as far as the eye could see.

"JayJay!" The woman yelled. I jumped at the sudden outburst, turning around to face the woman. 

"Yes, Vixen?" I heard a rough voice come from around the corner. Out walked a tall dark androgynous woman with long, thick dreadlocks and gold jewelry all over. She was beautiful.

"Looky who finally came to visit!" The woman I take is "Vixen" jumps up and down pointing at me.

I stand frozen as me and "Jaylix" make eye contact. She seems to freeze as well, her eyes growing as large as saucers. 

"Oh my Goddess" She whispers, her lips never closing. I start to get nervous at this point. Isn't anyone going to say anything? 

As if hearing my plea, Vixen speaks.

"I know, right?" She chuckles. "I've been popping in and out to check on her since the seal broke."

Laylix took a step forward.

"That means..." She started. Vixen nodded her head up and down, her smile growing twice it's size.

"It's happening." She cheesed. "They're coming."