The Beginning

Coco Adel had it all in her youth. Money, good friends and all around being the most popular kid in all of her elementary school. You could top second place, but you couldn't top Coco Adel. She and her two friends, Opal and Sapphire, would go swimming in a lake, pull pranks on other kids, get good grades and so forth and so on. Currently, she was inside her classroom, poking fun with her friends and making jokes.

Sapphire: Did you hear? We're supposed to get a new student today? Think it's a boy?

Opal: If it is, he better be cute.

Sapphire: What do you think, Coco?

Coco: Whatever. If it is, I get dips if he's cute.

Opal: Whatever Coco.

The teacher entered and calmed everyone else down.

Teacher: Now then, I'm sure you all are aware that we have a new student here today. Please welcome, (Y/N) (L/N).

You walked into the classroom with a half smile on your face. You were more nervous than anything else. You then saw her, Coco Adel, sitting there. You looked up to the teacher who nodded at you. You opened up your backpack and took out a notepad and wrote down on it. A lot of kids were confused until you showed them what you were writing.

"Hello! I'm (Y/N) (L/N). And I can't hear anything."

A few murmurs went around the classroom. But, you still kept writing.

"I hope we can all be good friends with one another!"

Teacher: Why don't you have a seat over there.

The teacher pointed to a seat next to the window. You nodded and took your seat. A few kids came up to you to talk while others were hesitant but they still talked to you through your notepad. Coco rolled her eyes, not caring. However, that didn't stop you and you tabbed her shoulder and gave her a smile. She gave you a fake smile and took your notepad and wrote down her name on it.

You smiled back and waved at her. A couple of days went by and Coco was walking out of the school with her two friends. She has an annoyed look covering her face.

Opal: What's up with you?

Coco: That (Y/N) guy! He's so annoying! That stupid notebook! GOSH! I just want him to-

She stopped once she saw you standing there with your notebook in hand. Coco grew more and more angry.

Sapphire: Coco?

Coco: Shut up you idiots!

Coco walked over to you. Once she was standing right in front of you, you put the notebook to the side and smiled at her.

Coco: Nobody likes you here! JUST LEAVE! You and that stupid notebook just needs to go! And DON'T EVER COME BACK!

You raised an eyebrow questioning what she just said. You held up your notebook to her and smiled at her. Coco grabbed it and threw it in the pond behind you. You looked sacred and confused then she pushed you in. Your rose back up and saw her walk off. You didn't know what to do. So, you got up and grabbed your notebook, got out and walked off.

The bullying from Coco persisted for a few more weeks. She would do anything to annoy, tease, poke fun at and just ruin your day. She would push you, ignore you, tease you and so on and so on. One day, Coco made faces at you and actually got you to have an audible reaction. Despite that, the reactions you got from the class made you hide away from yourself even more. Guess your voice didn't sound too good after all.

However, you always kept up that smile, real or fake, you kept smiling. Your parents had begun to contact the school and the problem was addressed. You went to the counselors once a week and filled them in. But no matter what you did, they never did anything. You also begun to learn sign in hopes of ditching your soaked notebook which you still used here and there. One day, you walked into school with hearing aids on.

Your biggest concern was of people making fun of you for having things in your ears. However, the response must mostly positive. You could finally hear for once and when you did, things seemed nice. School slowed down and everything seemed just fine. However, one day, your hearing aids were pulled out of and pain seeped into your ears. You turned back and saw Coco had pulled them out. You knew it was painful, but she had a smile on her face and was laughing a bit.

It was sick for certain, but she got some kicks out of it. You quickly grabbed them and slowly put them back into your ears.

Sapphire: Coco, I think that was a little too far!

Coco: Oh quiet! It's not like he understands. Look at him. He's clueless about everything.

You could hear that slightly, but ignored it all the same. And that patterned continued onward for a couple of days. You had bits of peace here and there, then Coco would pull them from your ears. You could feel the pain in every pull. And every time, she would laugh and let you take them back. You then began to avoid her all together and sit in the back corner of the room. You also began to eat with the consoulers.

That last one wasn't very fun. But what were you supposed to do? You were a six year old kid. Your parents taught you better than this. But the days kept going and no one was stopping her. Then, one day, Coco ripped off your hearing aids with more force than usual. She was laughing until Sapphire stopped her.

Coco: What?

Sapphire: Look!

She pointed to your ears. Blood was coming from them and an open cut was right through the middle of your ear. You were sent home quickly. And that's when your parents snapped. They withdrew you from the school and tried to find a new more friendly deaf school. And the day you left, parents and teachers were finally notified of Coco's bullying of you. The following day, everyone arrived at school except you.

The teacher stepped out in front of the class, anger covering their face.

Teacher: Now then. I'm sure you are all aware of what has happened here. So...Coco, Sapphire, Opal, mind explaining what happened?

Coco: Us?! We didn't do anything!

Teacher: You especially young lady know why! Tell it to his parents, the principal and the three older students who say you push him down into a pond.

Coco remain silent. She wasn't talking. Not now or ever about this. However, that seemed to only frustrated the teacher more. They slammed their first onto the board and that made everyone jump.

Teacher: Young lady, you will talk right this moment or I can and will expel you!

Coco: Yes, sir.

Teacher: Good. Down to the principal's office now Ms. Adel! (To himself) Honestly for a six year old, that is beyond cruel.

So Coco went down to the office, guilt and shame now taking over her life. Years went on and no one really heard from you again. And Coco...Coco fell from grace. She was forever known as the kid who made someone else leave. However, that changed at Beacon. She no longer went to the same schools as anyone she grew up with anymore. Still.

Coco made be the leader of her team but that still didn't stop her brain from returning to thoughts about you. Your her old friends. One day during her first year, Coco was overcome with grief and anger at herself, she even attempted suicide. Of course, her teammates stop her and got her into counseling. But, those thoughts still roamed freely.

However, thanks to her teammates, Coco's confidence returned a bit. Currently, she was walking down the halls of Beacon and as she turned the corner, she stopped, eyes wide open and mouth open. Standing before her was someone she even thought she ever see again. Standing there was you...(Y/N) (L/N). In Huntsmen gear and weapon on hand. You were going to Beacon.

Coco quickly turned back around the corner and began to breath heavily.

Coco: (Y/N)...