Start Anew

Coco saw you, horror filled her face as years upon years of flashbacks hit her face directly. Years of her being bullied for being a bully and her friends all leaving her. The fake confidence wall she had built up and slammed into her. Then she had a thought. Maybe you could forgive her. If one person could forgive her over this then perhaps she could move on with her life. So, the idea grew and Coco ran off from you and secluded herself in her room. Coco pulled some a few lessons in sign and began to teach herself how to communicate with you.

Her teammates questioned her actions but she refused to tell. After gearing up all possible actions here and there, Coco got prepped and ready to go talk to you. She was nervous. She had some food with her in case you wanted it. She didn't know your dorm so she kept walking until someone bumped into her and knocked both of them onto the ground.

Coco: HEY! What where you're go-

Before her was you. On the ground. You had fear on your face as you recognize her. Coco slowly raised her hands and begun to communicate in sign.

Coco: Hello. Uh, so-sorry.

You grew a small smile. You moved over to her and slightly moved her fingers to correct the positioning. Coco gave you an awkward nod. You began to speak in sign as well.

"Hi. You learned sign?"

Coco: Uh? Oh yeah. I just thought...you know.

You nodded, got up and helped her up.

"What are you doing here?"

Coco: Team Leader. Did you transfer here?

You nodded.

"Came from regular school. Combat was always better for me"

Coco: Well, that's awesome. You should be happy. I mean, I'm happy for you.

You nodded. Unknown to Coco, you were slightly blushing. If there was one thing you did actually miss about her it was her voice. You could hear it slightly with your hearing aids and you had to say, it was beautiful. Despite all of what she said and done to you.

Gure: Hey, big guy!

Your friend and teammate, Gure Okami slapped your back and wrapped an arm around you.

Gure: How you doing pal. (Sees Coco and whistles) Hello Beautiful.

Coco: Hi.

Gure: You're Coco Adel. Team CFVY.

Coco: Do I...know you?

Gure: Gure Okami. You punched me in the face during the initiation.

Coco: Oh...sorry.

Gure: Hey, the past is the past.

Coco: Yeah.

You began to give off some signals to Gure. A few Coco recognized, some she did not. Gure cocked an eyebrow and nodded along with you. His eyes then widen a bit after a few more signals.

Gure: Hey, well, (Y/N) and I gotta bounce. Bye.

Coco: Yeah. (To you in sign) Hope to see you soon. Maybe we could hang out?

You looked from her hands to her face. You gave her a small smile and nodded. She smiled back then Gure began to guide you away. You turned back to her and wave and she waved back. After you rounded the corner, she took off her glasses and pinched the bridge of her nose. She began to take in a few deep breaths.

Coco: Gods help me.

From around the corner, Gure guided you back to your dorm room.

Gure: That's insane. If that's the same girl from years ago, you gotta stay clear of her.