Fireworks

You had informed your parents that Coco was going to come and watch the fireworks with you guys. While your dad was a bit hesitant, your mom didn't agree with you at all. She wanted you to avoid her at all costs but you refused. You wanted Coco to come along to spend time with you and your family. You figured that you could prove to your parents that Coco had changed and bettered herself...better than you ever were. As the days went by, you could see how everyone was improving themselves to be better, everyone but you.

When Coco was at full strength, she was insane. Fox and Yatsu were also insanely powerful, easily able to take you on without the use of your semblance. Silver was an all around cool fighter, mixing speed with strength and also strategy, like Velvet. Burly was still your team's brute, but you realized he was even stronger, seeing as he punched the ground when you used your semblance and actually stopped it. Gure was the fastest of the eight and was easily able to take you guys down in a flash.

All around, you realized how little you actually offered to the team. That made you a bit more depressing and just...didn't know what to do overall. You weren't the smartest, strongest or fastest, you still really had no idea what you was doing here at Beacon. But you did know one thing, you were holding everyone back and yet, they "cared" for you. More likely they pitied you.

You internally screamed a bit as the anger and pain got to you more and more leading up to the fireworks. Finally, the night was here and you got out of the shower and walked out with a towel around your waist. Due to Burly's long showers, you were in the gym showers. You walked out but stopped and turned to your side and saw Coco also stepping out of the showers in a towel around her torso. Coco blushed a bit and looked you over.

Coco: Me-ow.

You obviously didn't hear her but back up and hide behind the entrance to the showers and gestured with your hand for her to leave. For the first time in years, Coco felt some level of her sexy confidence return to her and she decided to use that just a bit. She walked over and softly put her hand on your arm and slowly move it up your body to your shoulder and rubbed it a bit before squeezing it.

Coco internally was screaming to high heavens as she finally found her confidence again. However, she quickly remembered whom she was touching and stopped quickly. She tabbed you again and pointed outside, meaning she was leaving. You gave her a thumbs up and you both held your end of this little deal. As Coco was getting changed, she had to do a double take on what just happened.

Coco: Did...did I really just do that? Last time I did that was back in junior high and even then, it was just to get someone jealous of me. But that...I want him to...to blush again. Do I have a crush on him? On (Y/N) (L/N) of all people? He's nice...and nice...mind. Personality. Oh and body. Shut up!

She heard footsteps coming and turned around and saw you there. She got up and the two of you faced one another.

"We never speak of this?"

Coco: Yeah. Agreed.

So...that bit was a thing. Still...Coco was VERY attractive and-STOP! She deserved and had better options than you. You were at the bottom of the barrel. Heck, you even saw a few guys hitting on her throughout the year. Well, now that really shouldn't matter right now. You knew she was better than everything compared to you. But now, it was time for the fireworks.

You and Coco had gone down to see your parents and all go check out the firework campsite together. Once you guys got there, already dozens of people were there and street vendors were there as well. Many selling food, trinkets and other things for patrons to enjoy here and there. Before the fireworks could begin, you and your father went out to buy some food for Coco and your mother. You guys got something simple as you and Coco were content with just some hot pretzels.

Afterwards, your mom brought over a picnic blanket from the car and laid it down and you all sit down on it. Coco seemed to purposely disconnect herself from you and your family. Rather than keep her out, you gestured her to come over. She gave you a bit of a questioning look but you kept insisting, so Coco gave in and sat beside you. Finally, the fireworks began.

Your dad always got into it, despite his profession, he loved to act like a kid sometimes. Your mom was the calmer of the two, but still found joy in the actions. You always did enjoy the fireworks despite you not being able to hear a thing around you. You glanced over a bit and saw Coco seemed to be enjoying them. That did make you smile a bit, seeing her fully enjoy the world you tried to welcome her to. Soon enough however, the first phase of the show was over and there was a twenty minute wait between the seven minutes wave 1 and fifteen minutes wave 2.

But you remembered, you decided there was one last thing to do tonight before it was over. Once the phase was over, you stood up and brushed yourself off.

Coco: Where are you going?

"Home. Got that Oobleck test in two days. Want to be ready for it."

Coco: I can help if you would like?

"No thanks. I got it. Enjoy the fireworks."

Ivy: Trust me, Coco. Once he puts his mind to something, he can't be stopped.

You gave her a thumbs up, saying you were going to be fine. You then walked off. Around two minutes later, your mother had a realization, she forgot her camera at home. Coco offered to go and grab it, which your mother accepted. Truthfully, Coco had no idea why. Maybe to get her away from your parents or something along those lines.

Coco walked into your home and found your mom's camera on the side table next to the main entrance. The thing about your house is that three cool things: One, you could see the fireworks from there, Two, You home had access to see the backyard from the front door, Three, you guys lived next to a river and had a three story deck over the river.

Coco smiled once she saw the fireworks from your foyer. She then saw you standing on the deck. She cocoked an eyebrow and then gasped slightly at what you did next. You walked over and climbed up to stand on the railing. Flashes of her own attempts came to mind and Coco ran to the door.

Coco: Don't do it, (Y/N)! (Y/N)!!!

Coco slammed open the door and you fell forward. However, she still grabbed you and held you by your arm. You looked up, tears in your eyes and in hers. Her glasses fell off into the water, but she didn't care. She then began to pull you up, struggling to do so.

Coco: (Thinking) Please, Gods. I'll be better tomorrow. I swear it! I'll look people in the eye and say "I am here and you can't stop me!" Give me just some strength...to save a life who deserves so much more than I do...please! Let me save him dammit!

Coco began to pull you up, but she also slipped a bit and was using the banisters of the railing for support. However, in a single feat of strength, she pulled you over but in turn, she fell off of the railing and down into the water. And for the first time in twelve years, you finally spoke.

(Y/N): COCO!!!

That was the last thing Coco Adel heard, before landing back first into the waters below.