Chapter 4: Entering Safe Grounds

(Y/N) POV

It's been a week since I escaped and I'm slowly running out of food. I managed to give my spear a somewhat sharp stone at the end, so I can do some actual damage. The other day, I got attacked by a Grimm, a beowolf to be precise. I managed to kill it by being a pussy and risking nothing: sitting in a tree and stabbing its head as much as I could from up there, as it was jumping, trying to drag me out of there. I decided to use some of its fur and the bones as protection for myself. I'm still out in the open forest, might aswell do something to get me armor.

During a fall when I got chased by a Grimm I didn't know the name of, I broke my Walkman and lost some of the tapes. The ones I didn't lose, I decided to get rid of anyway, as I had no way of using them now and I'd be travelling with less weight to carry around now in my knapsack. Although I think I got slightly stronger and gained a little bit of weight into a more healthy direction since I ran away, it would be best to travel as light as possible, so, in case of emergency, I could make a quicker escape.

I haven't seen the others from what I'd like to call my previous life since the situation at the river. I don't want to think about them, neither do I want to refer them as anything but the others now. This should be a new start. I went back to the river once, for new water supplies, but since then only went further away from it, in the hopes of reaching a town or village, so I can buy myself food with the lien I took from the others. But now, I haven't came across one yet and my food is completely eaten already, meaning I have no other choice but to eat the flesh of this beowolf I just killed. The other ones of the beowolf pack suddenly ran away. I didn't know why, neither did I decide to question it.

(Y/N): 'Damn, this tastes bloody fucking awful... I have no other choice though. It's either starvation from the lack of food or this...'

I felt myself slowly getting a little dizzy, but decided to keep going nonetheless, having not much of a choice. After a while of walking in the hope of finding a new place, I found a river. I quickly filled the bottle I took and then drank it all empty in one attempt. I filled it again and kept walking. The dizziness started to slowly fade a bit. I noticed it was getting dark and slept in the top of a tree, like I'd been doing for the past week aswell. It wasn't the most comfortable way, but certainly the safest for now.

__Epic timeskip to the next day__

I woke up with a head- and stomach-ache, likely from eating Grimm flesh the other day. As there was nothing I could do about that now, I decided to distract myself from those unpleasant feeling as much as I could by focussing on getting further on my search. And finally, after 4 more hours of walking, I got there: a small village.

I walked out of the forest onto a small path and entered the village. There weren't much people on the street, but the few who were there gave me weird looks. That didn't matter for now though, I thought to myself as I started looking for a place I could buy some actual food at.

I then accidentally bumped into a girl with black hair.

???: "Oh, I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying attention, here, let me help you up."

She helped me up and asked for my name.

(Y/N): "Oh, it's ok, could've happened to anyone. I'm (Y/N), what's your name?"

I got no real answer from her to that question, unlike I was hoping to.

???: "Oh no, look at the time, mom would get mad, I'll have to hurry, sorry."

I looked at her in confusion as I then felt my knapsack was a lot lighter. I quickly realised what happened: this girl had took something from my knapsack and bumped into me on purpose. I decided to chase after her and threw my spear, pinning her to a wall through what seemed to be her dress.