Chapter 29: What's It Like To Win Part 1

Pyrrha POV

Now walking on the fairgrounds with (Y/N), I need something to distract him with. I mean, the walking with him like this was nice, the only thing I'd need more from it right now is us holding hands. But still, the whole situation with Ruby and Yang had happened only like 10 minutes ago and it was clear it was still bothering him. Honestly, no matter how nice Ruby and Yang may be to us in normal conversations as friends, this still is pretty... Yeah, let's not use the word I was thinking of. But for now, I needed something to get his mind off of all of that. It was just then, something came to mind...

Pyrrha: 'I could make him try to win something for me over there at that stall... Yes, that will do and otherwise I'll offer him a match to see who can get the highest score at it.'

(Y/N) POV

I was now walking with Pyrrha over the fairgrounds. I needed this after the stuff that happened just a few minutes ago. At the same time, it felt like it's been also a day or two. Weird how your sense of time can be so fucked up now and then by events that make a big impression to you. But that aside, this is pretty nice. Some of the stalls were already open for the visitors who were a little more early than most people here are for the festival, so we already got a look at everything there was. I was being shook out of my thoughts by Pyrrha almost literally, when she pulled my arm to get my attention.

Pyrrha: "Hey, don't get too lost in those mindscapes of yours."

(Y/N): "Sorry, I didn't mean to..."

Pyrrha: "It's ok, I understand. I'd be lost in my thoughts aswell after something like that happened to me. But come on, I got a good idea."

(Y/N): "Oh? What is it?"

Pyrrha: "I need you to win me something at that stall over there. You know, the shooting one."

I could feel a slight blush creeping onto my face and I started smiling a bit.

(Y/N): "Oh, ok, I can do that."

And so, we walked over to the stall and paid the guy what the price was for one attempt at the game. The whole point of it was shooting all the moving targets, or at least as many as possible. But of course, I didn't settle on anything less than all of them, so Pyrrha had the 100% chance of getting something she'd like as a prize. I took the shooter, flipped it around in my hands once, held it with a strong grip into my hands and looked at the guy at the stall.

Guy at the stall: "Ready when you are pal."

(Y/N): "Alrighty then."

The guy pressed on a button and the lights at the back went on. The targets started moving. The game had begun. I started shooting at the targets and one by one slowly got them all down, until there were only two left. I waited for a bit, to get a better aim and then shot as they passed each other, hitting them both in process. I looked over to the guy who owned the stall who had a look of confusion and utter surprise on his face.

Guy at the stall: "Damn, where did you learn to shoot like that?"

(Y/N): "Well, I'm a hunter in training at Beacon, so considering the fact my weapon includes a gun, I should be able to use it well."

Guy at the stall: "I guess so... Well, go choose some prize man, you shot them all, you definitely earned it. Or is your girlfriend going to choose?"

I blushed heavily at that comment and when I looked over to Pyrrha, she was blushing aswell. No doubt about it, she was blushing.

(Y/N): "She's not my girlfriend, but yeah, she's going to choose."

Guy at the stall: "Well, go ahead then, choose whichever you want. I've never had anyone shoot them all and nevermind that quick... So please, go ahead, pick anything you like."