1.

They always screamed.

My target slipped in the mud and twisted her head because she wanted to see if I would catch up to her. I did. Her feet got a grip on the concrete road and she ran. My feet barely touched the ground during the pursuit and my short legs caught up with her with ease. 

I jerked her arm. She fell to the ground. The sound that erupted from her mouth was brute and she tried to stand up. I hated the screaming. I grabbed two sets of handcuffs from my belt and put them around her wrists and feet. 

'No, no, no, no,' she gasped when I fastened the belt to the handcuffs. 'I didn't do it.'

I wrapped the belt around my hand, jerked it without giving attention to her and dragged her with me trough the street. 'I didn't do it! I didn't kill anyone!' Her movements were wild, almost convulsive, and I turned around, so I could look at her. 

'There is still some human left in you, isn't there?' she asked, and stretched her neck to look at the number that was on my wrist. She went numb. Her eyes darted from the 178 on my wrist to my face and she screamed again. No. There was nothing human about me. 

The screaming kept going until we reached the shuttle and I pushed her inside with the rest of her gang. The metal bars came rattling down when I stepped away, but she didn't even try to escape. She hid behind two bleeding humans in the back. As far away from me as possible. 

I turned around and looked around the slum. The abandoned sand path with poorly constructed houses. One of them looking so skewed that it could fall apart at the lightest touch. 

 'Wren one hundred seventy-eight,' I said while I readjusted the camera on my helmet. 'Mission completed.'  'Provide assistance to Tom forty five.' said a voice on the other side of my headset. "In persecution in Dallas Street, approaching the corner with Main.'

I sprinted into a alley where I smelled decaying food. I breathed in deeply and held the air in my lungs in attempt to block the horrible smell of the slums. 

Forty five ran past me with rips in his pants that slapped against his legs. He left a trail of some liquid that I believed was blood. I caught up with him, and the human in front of us looked around when he heard the sound of my heavy shoes. This one didn't scream. Not yet. 

He tripped on some rocks and a knife fell out of his hand. I was so close that I could hear his unsteady breathing when he dove forward to get it. I wanted to grab him, but he turned around and dragged the blade across my stomach. His lips curled into a smirk. I didn't give in to the urge of rolling my eyes. 

Forty five got to the fat human and they rolled on the ground. I didn't train forty five and I could tell. He was sloppy and impulsive and not faster than the human. Before I could help, the fat human grabbed forty five by his neck; he pushed the helmet aside and planted the knife in the boys forehead. I was grossed out when forty five gasped and fell to the ground with an empty look in his eyes. 

The human crawled up, jumped a few times and cheered. 'Got em'! Do you want something, blondie?' I straightened my headset and didn't comment on the man's attempt to challenge me. 'Wren one hundred eighty-seven. Forty five down.' The smirk on Fatty's face disappeared when he heard my number. 'Continue.' The voice in my headset was unfazed. I stared at Fatty. I wanted him to run away. I wanted to make him trip and to wipe that evil smirk of of his face and smash it to the ground. I took a fast glance at forty five. I wanted it to hurt. 

Fatty turned around and sprinted away from me. I looked at him for a while and fought the urge to smile. I would give him a little head start. The chasing was my favorite part. I jumped over forty five's body and fatty looked around. I grabbed him by his shirt and he fell to the ground with a loud thud. He clawed around him for something to grab onto, but it was to late. I put my foot on his back and grabbed handcuffs. I put them around his ankles. Of course he screamed.