Forever together

"You can rest now, Tony." He desperately held onto the sight of peppers face as he felt the world around him go black. He couldn't leave them, not now, they needed him.

When he opened his eyes, the sight of pearly white gates met him. He started to walk, relief washing over his uninjured body. He walked inside as his thoughts started hitting him.

Pepper

Peter

Rhodey

Morgan.

He spun around, slamming against the gates as he cried out. "Please! I have a family! I can't leave her!" He yelled, wishing for the gates to open. He slid down to his knees, burying his face in his hands and sobbing. He cried, and cried, he didn't know how long, until a particular name convinced him to stand. He took a shuddering breath, his lungs burning and sending waves of pain through him, but, he started running anyways. He ran, as fast as he can even though he had no idea where to go, but when he saw the familiar red hair, he slowed to a stop. Tony took another breath, collecting himself before speaking. "Agent Romanoff, did you miss me?" He watched as Natasha turned around, he watched as she stood up, and he felt his heart break as he watched her start crying as she ran to him.

"Tony." She whispered, wrapping her arms around him and burying her head in his shoulder as she cried. He looked down at her, feeling his own tears forming. Suddenly, she pushed back, before slapping him. "Are you stupid! You have a life down there! A family! And you go and die! You leave everyone behind!" She screamed at him, tears streaming down her face.

"Nat, I-"

"Shut up!" She snapped. "You shouldn't be here! You should be at home with your family celebrating!"

"And what about you?"

"I deserved to die Tony. What I've done in my life," She turned away from him as her voice broke. He grabbed her shoulders, making her look at him.

"And you think I should be here? I've killed more people then you have. Natasha, I wouldn't have made it all these years without you. I love you Nat, thank you for always being there for me." He pulled her into another hug. He couldn't stop thinking about Pepper, he promised he wouldn't leave her, he promised, and what did he do? He left her, her and Morgan all alone down there. Peter. He just got the boy back and now he left him. He looked down at the redhead, the one person he still has with him.

"I love you too Tony, thanks for caring about me." She looked up at him with a sad smile, as a voice broke the silence.

"Tony Stark." Tony looked to see a silver haired boy standing next to them.

"Pietro," Tony breathed out, reaching out and putting a hand on the boys arm.

"What? You didn't see that coming?" His voice tired to be amused, but he was crying as Tony pulled him into a hug.

"You two had so much more to live for." Tony whispered.

"So did you." Natasha replied, pulling from the hug and grabbing the boys by the wrists. "Let's go relax." She pulled them off.