A pile of dust

Peter laid on the ground, exhausted from the fight. He pulled himself to his feet, looked around as the others collected himself. "Mr Stark! Where are you?" He called.

"Pete? I'm over here kid." His voice sounded weak, Peter ran over. Dr, strange was pressing a bandage against Tony's side.

"What happened?" Peter asked, worried about his mentor/father figure.

"Nothing, just a little wound." They turned their heads as Drax muttered something, before blowing away in a cloud of dust.

"Aw man." Quill frowned as he also turned to dust.

"What's going on?" Peter looked around, panicking slightly.

"I don't know kid." Tony struggles to his feet, stumbling slightly. "What's going on?" He looked down at his hands as they turned to dust. "Peter-"

Peters eyes widened. "Mr. Stark?"

"I'm sorry Peter."

"Mr stark, please don't leave me." He reaches forward, clinging onto his slowly fading mentor.

"I'm so sorry kid."

"Please don't go." Peter felt tears on his cheeks. "Please, Tony." He breathed out.

"I'm sorry." Peter watched Tony fade away. He slumped to his knees, sniffing as he tried to hold back his tears for a moment. His eyes fell on Dr. Strange.

"We'll be back." The man spoke before fading away as well. Peter let himself cry, his hands still covered in the dust of his mentor.

"Tony...." he whispered, his voice hoarse as he cried. He sat there for a bit, trying to collect himself as he looked up. He felt a hand on his shoulder and turned around, seeing Nebula.

"We have to go child."

"But- we cant leave him." He sniffed as Nebula pulled him to his feet.

"If we stay, Thanos will destroy earth, we have to go."

"Tony..." he breathed as he was pulled away. He felt his eyes get blurry with tears and he let out a strangled sob, weakly fighting against Nebula. "He can't be gone- Tony!" He cried out his name, as if it would make him come back. As the doors of the ship closed, all he could hear was Tonys voice saying.

"I'm sorry Peter."