Chapter 1 | The search for the promised land

8's POV

I woke up. My head was hurting. Probably cause an old man was shouting in my face. Then I remembered. I remembered how I was brainwashed and forced to fight the cute inkling. Then i remembered how The Calamari Inkantation broke me and my friends free from the brainwash. I didn't see them anywhere so I thought they already woke up.

"Are you listening to me?" The old man asked.

"What?" I said

"I asked if u were listening" The old man said.

"No" I said as I blushed.

"Ok." The old man said. "Well that doesn't matter now. I heard you were humming The Calamari Inkantation before you woke up. Any fan of The good old Inkantation is a friend of mine. I'm Captain Cuttlefish by the way. What's your name?" Captain Cuttlefish ranted.

"I-I don't remember." I said

"Well name is of no importance." Cuttlefish said "We just have to find a way out of here. By the way you seem familiar. Aren't you the guy who battled Agent 3 a few years back?"

Did he say Agent 3?

"I don't know. Maybe if you could describe him."

"Well, he's a little taller than you, he has green tentacles tied back, he's fairly tanned and many would say he's attractive." Cap said

That's the cute inkling from my memories.

"Yes, I'm the one who fought him. But I didn't want to. T-they f-forced me." I said starting to cry.

"Who forced you?" Captain asked

"O-octario a-and h-his m-minions." I forced out between quiet sobs.

"It's ok don't cry. I'll protect you." Cuttlefish said

***time skip to after mental breakdown***

We started to move and we found a weird machine. I stepped inside it and got a Splattershot. Then I went into a room behind the machine.

"I saw a vault outside." I whispered to myself

I immediately thought I had to break the tons of boxes in front of me. I began to shoot when I noticed I couldn't reach some boxes. I broke all the ones I could reach but none of them had the key inside. I saw some dash tracks facing the boxes I couldn't reach. I stepped on it and zoomed of. When I got the key I went out of the room without the weapon and opened the vault. There was some armor in it and a passage behind it. We went through the passage and ended up in a train station with a funky looking telephone that was ringing. I went up to it and it started talked to me about something called the promised land. It called me applicant 10008. In the end I got some weird card and a CQ. Immediately after I picked the stuff up a train came hurtling along. Me and the Cap went on the train and took a seat. Cuttlefish sat down and pulled out his phone and a communication radio.

***time skip to half an hour of checking around later***

A sea snail called CQ Cumber walked in and talked to me and the captain. It gave me some credits to use on some stations apparently.

-----------------------------------------------------
                                                   A/N
So as I said 8 is not the absolute best at speaking, though he's pretty good even though they weren't taught and in his head he's super good at english.
Also i was inspired by the picture at the top. It's made by @kunocho on Twitter(This information has probably changed, I do not know since I am not able to access the twitter account I follow them on.) . All rights reserved to her for the picture. All rights for Octo Expansion, Splatoon, Splatoon 2 and characters like Pearl and Marina reserved to Nintendo.

Word count (without a/n): 550