Mom, Mother, And Me

Hey! My name is Akemi Sato. My mother is Asami Sato, CEO of Future Industries, and my mom is Avatar Korra, the.. Well, she's the Avatar, like her name says.

We live in Republic City. Our house is really cool - there's a Probending Arena, there's a pool, a hot tub, a different training room for each element and one for all of them, a meditaion balcony, and about a million different corridors and rooms. If I didn't live here, I think I'd get lost every time I went looking for a bathroom.

My favorite thing about my house, though, is how it's run. We have a couple of assistants here and there, but Mom, Mother, and I do most of the work. Mom cooks, Mother cleans, I make sure none of the plants or animals die, and wash the dishes. Whenever Mom has to leave on Avatar buisness in the middle of the night, she puts her betrothal necklace on Mother's neck, and if Mother ever has to leave on an urgent CEO meeting when Mom's taking a nap, she slips her engagement ring on mom's finger. If I ever end up leaving when they're not home, I leave my bracelet that they got when they adopted me on the table - it has my name engraved on it.

Everything's neat and orderly all the time.. Which I love.

However, we do live with Korra. Who acts like she's my age even though she's double.

Sometimes, I ask her, "Are you my mom or a kid in my grade?"

"Why can't I be both?" She asks, shoving more ice cream in her mouth. Or contimuing to build a pillow fort in the living room. Or making an ice sculpture of Mother.. I have to admit, Mom's sculptres are really good. They're always me or Mother or both.

Anyways, my favorite room in the house is my room. Mom let me paint the walls myself, they're my favorite color - pastel purple. My bedset is pastel pink, as well as the window curtains that fall all the way down to the whit trim. My wooden bed, dresser, bookshelves, bedside table, desk, and chair are all painted white and carved by Mako, my parent's friends, as a gift for when I first moved in eight years ago, when I was six.

I woke up on Tuesday to see the ceiling fan circling above me and smiled. Today was Saturday. I loved Saturdays. Mother was off work, I was off school, and Mom was usually home. The three of us would often spend hours on end in malls, Mother checking out dresses while Mom looked at weapons and I was unable to leave the art supplies alone.

I rolled out of bed and walked over to my dresser. I threw on the jean shorts that I'd embroidered a pink flower into and a pink shirt that matched and ran a brush through my hair. I quickly pulled it into a ponytail that rested on the nape of my neck and added some cover-up to the red bumps on my skin. "Mom, Mother," I called as I walked downstairs,"Are you awake yet?"

"I'm up," Mother called. I grinned and walked in on the pale woman who was smiling at me as she sipped her herbal tea. "Hello, sweet."

"Hey! Is Mom here? Can we have another girl's day? Ikki and Haru said that there's this new art store in the mall, and they're opening it up today!"

"I don't see why not," Mother said. "But Korra's out on Avatar business."

"Yeah!" I cry, then start looking for eggs. I made two omelets, one with bell peppers and onions and cheese and bacon bits and the other with just cheese. I gave my mom the plain one, the wolfed down my own.

"We can leave now, if you like," Mother said.

"Well, duh," I said, then ran up to my room. I pulled my pastel pink flats on, then ran downstairs.

"You wanna drive?" Mother asked.

"I'm underage."

"Your mom is the Avatar and your mother makes these cars. And we're friends with the chief of police. You'll be fine."

I grin and grab the motorcycle keys. Usually I'm only allowed to drive around the track with my mom (She's beaten me in every race, but by the end of summer, I swear to the spirits I will have defeated her at least once!). Driving on a road was gonna be different.

"Remember to go slow.." Mother paused and looked at me. "No, I'll go first, you're somehow even more reckless and impulsive than Korra."

"I am her kid," I said, causing Mother to laugh.

"Okay, okay, bikes," She said. She pulled her maroon-and-black one from the garage and I pulled my pastel pink and purple one behind her. I'd painted it myself.

Mother hopped on hers and sped down the road, I followed her. Every now and then someone would give me a weird look - I was Korra and Asami's child, everyone knew me and everyone knew I was fourteen - but I was a great driver and also the Avatar's kid so nobody decided to say anything for a bit. Until we were pulled to the side by a cop car.

"Hey, Mako!" I said.

"You're not supposed to drive." He tried to be serious, but couldn't help but smile.

I grinned and looked to my mother. "At least I didn't almost run someone over."

Mother groaned and hit her head on the handlebar to her motorcycle. "Akemi!"

"What? You know what my mom's like. The Avatar has taught me her perfect manners!"

Mako laughed at that one. "Akemi, I'll pardon you. But mostly because I'm scared of your moms."

"And you love me," I said, grinning.

"Yeah." He ruffled my hair.

"Bye, Mako!" I said as he drove away, and he waved.

Mom took her head up from the bars. "Come on, just a few more minutes."

"Whoo! I hope we see Ikki!"

^v^  ^v^  ^v^ ^v^  ^v^ ^v^  ^v^ ^v^

Hey guys! Nats here. I hope you like this so far.. I've had the idea for a while, and now I'm finally ready to post! I hope you like it so far...
Nats out!