Chapter One: Care Taker

~|First of this is all written on my cellular device. Some chapters may be short. I apologize now. Also I would like to know what you all think of the story.|~

Samuel had only glanced out the window for only a few seconds. What he excepted to see was people doing whatever they did; Shopping, hanging out and having fun but he did not except to see his mate. He didn't except to see his mate in 'Bat County'. He stared at the girl holding the the black umbrella with what he assumed was Chinese folklore drawn on with a golden paint, her small porcelain hand was curled tightly around the handle and even though it was sunny outside she held onto it like it was storming.

He took in her long curly red hair and the way her freckles splayed on her face as if angels had kissed her pale porcelain face. She wasn't like the other pack members mates; she was beautifully plump, she had curves in all the right places. She was wearing a black dress that stopped a bit below her knees along with a family crest right on the strap, he stared the hardest he had ever in his life at the crest that was her dress; It was a elaborate golden spiderweb that small white diamonds for dew drops and a sapphire long legged spider.

His gaze shifted to her face again and that's when he noticed that her forest green eyes were wide with fear as she frantically looked around for someone in the crowd. Samuel wanted to leave the diner and approach but from the look on her face he assumed she was looking for her boyfriend or something of that sorts. Though it didn't stop him from watching her; Then a pinge of some unknown feeling of pain shot through his chest as he watched her once frantic eyes light up like a Christmas tree and towards the diner. His eyes followed hers and soon landed on a smaller boy who was directly out of sunlight. He was unnaturally pale and looked even more scared than his mate did. He watched as she checked every inch of the smaller boys body; He had to be only nine maybe ten. Was he the girls son? She looked far too young to have the black hair boys mother.

"Vampires disgust me, having mortals raise their young and brain washing the poor brainless things into actually wanting to raise them"Samuel's beta Nykia spat in disgust before digging into his food. He hadn't noticed Nykia watching but that didn't bother him.

It had finally clicked his mind just as the diner door had opened and he had heard the words leave his angelic mates mouth.

"Young Master William what would you like to eat?"She had asked softly and lovingly as if she were his own mother and made Samuel want to pass out.

His mate was a caretaker.