CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

Deja vu came over Willa in the cab ride from the airport to the hotel where she had previously stayed. It felt so strange to her that it was only a few days she was making this same trip but with more hopefulness for a romantic reunion between herself and Margot. This time around, she was certain it would not go the way she hoped it would.

Nervously tapping her fingers on her knee in the middle spot of the cab's backseat, Willa couldn't seem to keep her nerves at bay. Eleanor, who had so far spent her whole time in Toronto worrying about Dinah while trying to get her phone to work, noticed the nervous tapping and placed her hand over Willa's. She took hold of the comic book store owner's hand with a gentle squeeze of support then leaned towards her. "It'll be fine, don't worry." She whispered to which Willa only responded with a nod and a long, deep breath.

Willa only really just assumed that Margot would be staying at the same hotel that she had been. It would make sense rather than another hotel elsewhere in the city. So that's where they told the cab driver to take them and eventually, they arrived at the building. With Eleanor paying the cab fee, Willa went darting out and headed into the hotel, making her way immediately to the hotel's receptionist desk.

The slightly older man behind the counter greeted Willa with a grin. "Good afternoon. How can I help you?"

"I'm looking for a hotel guest. Her name is Margot Robbie." Willa said, her hands laying rest on the desk counter.

The man shook his head. "Sorry, ma'am. There isn't someone here booked under that name."

Hero, who had been able to keep up with Willa in a hurried pursuit inside, tugged at her sister's hoodie to grab her attention. "Don't famous people book under fake names? Do you think Margot could be under one?"

Willa turned to her sister and shrugged after a brief consideration over the suggestion. "I might as well try." She didn't really have many other options. There were likely hundreds of other places in the city that Margot could be staying if she's not as this one and Willa doubted that Margot would up for answering her calls right after turning her down. She returned her attention back to the man behind the counter. "Is there a Harleen Quinzel?" It'd probably be a super obvious name to use when you are playing that character currently but why not try?

The man typed away at his computer before sympathetically smiling at Willa. "Sorry ma'am. There is no one here booked under that name."

"Um... Pamela Isley?" Going through comic book names would be the best bet for Willa to try. She doubted herself though, feeling like Margot wouldn't go for a comic book name when shooting a comic book film.

"Sorry ma'am. There is no one here booked under that name."

"Diana Prince?"

"Sorry ma'am. There is no one here booked under that name."

"Selina Kyle?"

"Sorry ma'am. There is no one here booked under that name."

"Barbara Gordon?"

"Sorry ma'am. There is -"

"No one booked under that name." Willa interrupted, knowing exactly what the man was about to say. "I think I get it at this point." Feeling completely and utterly defeated without even trying too much, Willa walked around from the counter and collapsed on a nearby lobby couch, resting her head on the back.

Hero and Eleanor sat down across from her in another couch. Eleanor was still desperately trying to get her phone working as it seemed as though the battery may have died. "Do you have a charger at all, Hero?"

"Oh yeah, I totally thought to bring my charger last minute onto a flight to Toronto that I didn't know I would be taking this morning when I arrived at Willa's apartment." Hero sarcastically replied. She immediately seemed to feel bad about it once seeing the frown that Eleanor wore so she quickly wrapped an arm around the woman's shoulders. "Sorry El. I didn't even bring my phone either."