Chapter Three

Germany woke up and turned me to face him. I smiled at him. "Hey, Germany, watcha in my bed for?" I asked. He blinked and smiled back.

"Sorry, Italy, if I scared you. I was so drunk I stumbled in here and crashed. Did I do anything wrong?" he asked. Blond shag fell into his face. He pulled his arms from me.

"No, I...just thought...you were Romano. I...let me go cook for you." I said, stumbling over my thoughts.

"Italy, I'm leaving." Holy Rome said, holding my tiny hands. I felt tears well up as he kissed my hand. I let the tears fall while he pulled away.

"No, Holy Rome, please don't go." I pleaded, but he shook his head. I gulped and pulled a red string from my dress. "Then take this. Remember me when you hold it."

"What can I give you? What do people do in you country when they like each other?" he asked.

"Kiss...I think" I said. He leaned in and I followed. Our lips met and my heart soared. I had been afraid of finding love like this. It was my first kiss and love.

He pulled away and left to war and never came back. We called after each other while he took off. That night I prayed for him to return safe and survive. Neither happened.

Germany looked at me as I jumped off the bed. "Are you okay Italy?" he asked, holding his throbbing head.

"Holy Rome!" I screamed. He jumped out of the bed and ran across the room to me. He pulled me close to him.

"Italy? Are you okay?" he asked. I rushed to the door and ran out the room. Romano sat on the couch staring at us.

Germany ran after me. I didn't know why I was freaking out. Just the flashback of Holy Rome made me feel so weird. I didn't know how to explain it.

I hoped Romano didn't think anything bad happened. He most likely would, he is so weird about me and Germany hanging out. So my drama king brother would switch the whole story into a sick thing he thought of to ruin Germany. I can only cross my fingers.

I finally came to a halt around France's house. Germany grabbed my shoulder and I jumped. Goosebumps covered my arms as he touched me. I didn't want to offend him.

France came out to see the disturbance we caused. "Bonjour, Italy. Hey, Germany." he said, changing his tone while looking at the man holding my arm.

"Ello, France." I said, waving to the man glaring at Germany.

"What are you doing to poor Italy, you monster!" Romano yelled, running toward us.

"What? Your drunk ass told me to go to sleep!" Germany hissed.

"What? Italy, what happened?" France shrieked.

"Nothing, Romano is just freaking out." I said, being cooed by France, who was cuddleing me like a sister.

"Freaking out? You ran out of the house with him chasing you!" Romano yelled.

"Because she jumped off the bed and yelled some guy's name." Germany argued.

"Why were you in sweet little Italy's bed, Germany?" France questioned.

"I was really drunk okay! Nothing happened!"Germany yelled at France.

"It's true." I said.

"Who's name did she yell?" Romano asked.

"Holy Rome's." he said.

France's face went pale. I pushed myself away from him. He knew something about him. Romano pulled me to him.

"France, what did you do?" I asked, holding back my urge to cry.