Live by faith

But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for "the just shall live by faith."
                Galatians 3:11

     If you are living by faith then you will know it.  Faith, btw, has nothing to do with man's world.  If it did, Jesus would've has a huge mansion and material possessions. 
     God tests us and money is a huge indicator.  The eye of the needle, and of course, the camel not being able to fit through it come to mind.  You can't be wealthy and serve the LORD. 
     Things need protection, like alarms, and cause worry and headaches.  We really just need enough to take care of basic needs.  It does get a bit tricky.
     Do the poor need money?  I am living in a homeless shelter and really couldn't tell you.  There are good and bad everywhere you go.  Many of the poor became poor through addiction. 
     I haven't met anyone that has given everything up to follow God's path.  One guy, a drunk, told me that he was leaving everything up to God.  He needs to read 1 Corinthians 6:10.  Drunks will not inherit the kingdom of God. 
     People talk about God, and some may know Scripture, but they continue to do as they please.  Unfortunately, I have seen the carnal mind hard at work in others.  God has educated me, but people have gotten worse with this thinking. 
     God is in control.  We need to fear Him.  People can't still be helped, and not by lecturing, but by seeing God's love in you.  God's love is way better than money.  Tell God you love Him.

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.