Lunch Confessions

No Smut in this one, but I assure you there will be a lot of that in the next one. (I don't have a release date because I am inconsistent. "Honesty is the best policy) :3

Kara entered Catco and rushed to the elevators a little out of breath from flying and speeding to get Cat's latte. She had her hands full for the most part, as she held the drink holder in one hand with a few magazine cover options underneath. And her bag and phone in the other. Oh how she wished she had worn something with pockets that day.

She only had about 5 minuets before Cat would also be coming up that very elevator and expecting Kara's assistance. Kara got to her desk and set all her things down before Winn and James approached her.

"You're out of breath. That never happens to you." Winn said.

"Yeah I know, I was just at Lena's and-" James interrupted.

"At Lena's? Why were you at Lena's?" He questioned already knowing that it was obvious Kara and Lena had a thing for each other. Winn just smiled knowingly.

"She invited me over for dinner and to watch a movie. You know, friend time. And it was late and we were both tired, so she let me stay the night." Kara said still opening up her laptop and adjusting papers accordingly. She didn't want to announce what really had happened to them. In all fairness, she doesn't even know what Lena and herself are, and if they are together she doesn't think Lena wants to publicly announce it so early in the relationship.

"Oh okay, but why were you late?" James questioned, confusion and jealously written all over his face. Kara was a terrible liar, but she somehow made this one believable. Probably cause it's partially true.

"We each took a bit long in our showers." Kara said hearing Cat coming up the elevator.

"Oh Cat's almost here." Kara said picking up the latte and rushing to the elevators.

At L-Corp

Lena sat in her chair typing and clicking away on her laptop. She peered over to her table that had a cable connected to her laptop. She was working on the model to a new prototype. She was trying to find a way to create food out of thin air. Well, in a medium to small sized metal box. Lena was trying to end world hunger to be blunt.

She hadn't even realized her mother entered her office until she cleared her voice. Lena sat up in her chair and closed her laptop. She didn't smile or show any signs of surprise.

"Why are you here? You don't have an appointment." Lena said looking at her tablet before turning off the screen display.

"No, but I made time for myself. And you will make time for me while I'm here." Lillian said a faint evil smile on her face.

"I have heard you are quite close to Supergirl." Lillian said bitterness and disgust in her voice. Lena almost forgot that her mother had no clue that Lena knew Kara is Supergirl.

"Of course, we are friends if you couldn't tell, scratch that. She's my best, and only friend." Lena said mentally smiling of the thought of Kara.

"Oh, what about your other reporter friend who flatters your disgrace of a corporation." Lillian said pulling Kara into the conversation.

"I'll say it once I'll say it again. She's my best, and only friend." Lena said with a smirk plastered on her face.

"I never thought she'd tell you." Lillian said shocked. She turned her head around to leave.

"One day you will see my perspective and realize how terrible that Alien is." Lillian said beginning to walk out.

"And one day when you're back in jail for your crimes, you'll see that your views are corrupted." Lena said causing her mother to pause before walking out in a well hidden fit of rage. Lena turned back to her work, noting that it was only about 10 minuets from her lunch period. She started to think about Kara. What were they? Did Kara want to be with her? Does she just view her as a friend with benefits? Her head was pounding. The pounding stopped after a certain blonde walked into the office with a white takeout bag labelled Big Belly Burger.

"I got you something." Kara said with that sunshine smile on her face. Lena returned the smile.

"You're so kind, you didn't eat all the fries did you?" Lena said teasing Kara, whos face turned red.

"No. I bought four things of fries on the way though." Kara said looking down still blushing. Lena looked shocked but then laughed.

"Oh my god, Kara!" Lena said while laughing a little. Kara looked up ready to playfully defend her choice to get four small fries.

"Hey! In my defense I was hungry and I wanted you to have your own." Kara said, a laugh releasing as she saw Lena laugh.

"Thank you, Kara." Lena said looking into her unnaturally blue eyes for more than a normal amount of time. Kara broke eye contact and they made their way to the couches and coffee table to eat.

"So uh, about this morning." Kara leaves the question hanging in the air. Lena just nervously bites part of a fry.

"I don't regret anything. I really want you Lena. I want to wake up next to you in the sunshine, and go to fancy dinners, and dance with you in a club, and hold you when your down, and cuddle with your flawless body." Kara stopped herself. A frustrating grown escaped her lips.

"I just, I never felt this way before. And I'm sorry if I'm being stupid, or-" Lena cuts her off with a kiss. Gentle, and salty as the salt from the fries stuck on Lena's lips. They parted.

"I'm in love with you Lena. I have been for a long time. And, if you want me I would be honored to call you my girlfriend." Kara said with a frightened yet hopeful face. Lena ran her hand down the side of Kara's face and kissed her again.

"I love you, Kara." Lena said with their foreheads together. She then kissed Kara again.

"I have been since I first saw you." Lena said feeling Kara's staggering breaths. She wanted to feel Lena's hands touch her, feel her, memorize every curve. Lena knew this and almost asked the question Kara asked her.

"Can I take you home, Miss. Luthor." Kara said seeing Lena's eyes darken a few tones.

"Please." Lena stated before feeling Kara's strong arms pick her up bridal style and carry her towards the balcony.