Tears

Lena awoke feeling the warmth of the sun on her face accompanied by the lavender and vanilla scent of Kara. She loved mornings like these, the peaceful kind. The kind she could wake up, turn her head, and see the comfort and relaxation on her lovers face. She thought it was utterly unfair sometimes, the fact that Kara could be with anyone and give anyone her heart warming smile, but Kara chose her. And the thought that she was the only person to see Kara in such a state of pure innocent satisfaction was so unfair to anyone else. However, Lena wouldn't have it any other way.

"Hey." Kara said her soft blue eyes opening.

"Hey." Lena said as she moved to place a kiss on Kara's lips. Even being the short kiss it was, Kara's hands still found their way to Lena's cheek and hip. They rested there.

"Today... well today we can do anything we want." Lena said as she sunk deeper into Kara's now, gentle embrace. Kara just smiled and thought about what they could do.

"Well, I know for one we can have donuts." Kara said loving the short giggle that escaped Lena's soft plump lips. Kara was good at that, making her walls crumble from just a single sentence. Heck, a single word could make her crumble.

"Lena." Kara said in such a soft soothing voice it caused Lena to release a small moan from just the sound. Kara stroked Lena's cheek with her thumb and placed a kiss on her lips.

"I love you." Kara said before kissing her again.

"I love you too, more than you know." Lena replied as their foreheads rested together. They knew they both had terrible morning breath, but neither could bring themselves to care.

Kara's hand that rested on Lena's hip moved down tantalizingly slow and rested on her thigh before slipping between her two legs. Lena shivered under her touch and pulled Kara into a kiss before pulling Kara on top of her so she was laying between her two legs. Kara's hips rocked against Lena's body and they both let out groans, needing more of each other.

That's when Kara heard small talk outside the door and a knock. She froze and quickly got dressed using her superspeed.

"Stay here." Kara said before disappearing out of the bedroom and leaving the door only open enough so Lena would be able to get up and hear the conversation if one was held, and not be seen while she listened.

"Miss. Danvers, we are here to search your apartment, there are some reports of suspicious behavior and we just want to clarify that there is nothing going on." The two policemen stood for a second before starting to walk past Kara.

"You don't have a search warrant-" the policemen pulled out a piece of paper, a search warrant, and placed it on the table before starting the search.

"Oh dear god." Lena whisper yelled before scurrying back into the bed and making it seem as if she was sleeping. Not two seconds later the policemen opened the door with Kara right behind.

"Please don't go in there, I promise you there's nothing-" Kara stopped as she saw Lena under the covers up to the middle of her chest and she gulped before the policemen awkwardly coughed and said their apologizes before leaving the room.

"So the suspicious behavior was really just you sneaking in some chick. That's what I've gathered." The one said while writing down some notes.

"Well, we did come through the patio... yeah." Kara lied, before her face flushed a bright red after fully understanding the contents of her own words. They exchanged a look before saying their goodbyes.

Kara's head then rested against the door as she inhaled a long breath. She was looking at the ceiling and didn't even see Lena in the door way wearing nothing but a robe.

"They seemed... interesting." Lena said startling Kara. Lena giggled as Kara put her hand over her chest in surprise.

"Element of surprise has always been my thing." Lena said walking over to Kara and pulling her to cuddle on the couch.

"But something was off about them... for starters, did they even show you a warrant?" Lena questioned as she pulled Kara impossibly closer.

"Yeah actually they did, they left it on the... counter." Kara said putting enthusiasm on the end, like she had figured out something big. Not necessarily excitement, but there was a certain bounce in her words that shown she may have found the missing piece to a puzzle.

Kara sped over and read the "warrant" allowed.

Search Warrant for suspicious behavior at apartment establishment signed and approved by Lillian Luthor.

Kara's words faded away after said name and she looked up from the paper to see a cold, sad, and nearly look on Lena's face.

"E-Every time I think I'm finally getting a peaceful moment with you." She gulped.

"Something bad happens." Lena said as a tear fell and descended down her pale cheeks.

"Lena. It's not your fault, it's not our fault. We will figure out what she's up to, and put an end to it." Kara said pulling Lena down onto the couch between her legs. Lena turned so she was facing Kara and buried her head in the crest of Kara's neck.

She cried.

Lena cried a river, an ocean maybe, but Kara was there to sooth her, to tell her what she knows is true but can't help but be doubtful of. Kara protected her aching heart, and held her deeply in her arms as her many years of hidden emotions flooded out at once. Kara didn't care that her shirt would be soaked, heck she didn't care about herself at all in the moment. Kara could not bare to see Lena in any state of depression.

Eventually the crying stopped and Lena was left there staring into the ceiling with Kara as they laid on the couch cuddling one another as if they touched one another in such a long time. Had not felt the warmth and beating of the others heart, had not clung into the others body for comfort, had not felt the aid of one another by just being there. Even though, it had only been a few hours since their sunrise.

"Why don't we just stay here today and eat junk food and watch movies? Hmm?" Kara said looking into Lena's eyes. She nodded and leaned up to kiss Kara.

"I love you." Lena whispered to her. It was such a pure statement it made Kara quiver with happiness.

"I love you more." Kara whispered back. They could say it a thousands times and hour to one another, and never get tired of hearing it.

Kara stood from the couch and made her way to the kitchen. Lena remained on the couch and scrolled through the movies and shows that were on Kara's hard drive. Surprisingly, she had so many of the new movies and shows that Lena took interest in.

"Hey Kar?" Lena questioned after seeing an interesting title pop up, saying that Kara had already watched it through.

"Yes Lee?" Kara smiled before returning with a big bowl of popcorn and sitting next to Lena.

"What's this, darling?" Lena clicked the up arrow and the title got bigger on the screen. Kara's face turned red and she nearly dropped the popcorn from embarrassment.

Hot brunette fucked on train behind people's backs. It read.

"I-I... It's not what it looks like." Kara tried to defend herself, but miserably failed.

"So... this isn't a porn CD I'm seeing here?" Lena teased Kara, already forgetting about the previous event. Lena pulled Kara down on the couch and pressed her body in such a way that her robe left nothing to the imagination.

"N-Nope." Kara said as her blush spread down her neck and collarbone.

"So I can... watch it then?" Lena said as her hand trickled up Kara's arm as she looked up Kara's body without shame.

This is not how Kara envisioned the day to go. But she sure doesn't mind...