Chapter 2

To Ten Years in the Past…(2)

‘This unbelievable thing actually…’

Leaving the MG Entertainment office building, KangYoon couldn’t hide his smile. Originally, he would become a ‘Team Member’ for a failed singer. Now, he’s in charge of JooAh. And the topmost position of ‘Planning Team Leader’ at that!!

‘Was there this kind of cronyism? Hahaha!!’

Due to not being able to hold back his laughter, the supermarket owner looked at him as if he was looking at a crazy man, but KangYoon wasn’t bothered.
Instead, he showed good manners by buying coffee and cigarettes.
KangYoon lit a cigarette in a secluded alley.
Normally, cigarettes didn’t suit his tastes but today, it felt strangely good.
Looking at the dispersing smoke, he felt that all of the fatigue today was being relieved.

“Excuse me.”

While he was wallowing in delight, there was someone who approached him. It was a tall girl in a school uniform.

“What is it?”
“Excuse me, but can you light me one?”

KangYoon fell into confusion. A female student in a school skirt was asking him to light her one. He was dumbfounded since he had a little sister.

“I don’t have any.”
“I just saw you putting it in your pocket.”

The girl confidently pointed towards KangYoon’s pocket. KangYoon could only deeply sigh, and he looked at her acting as if she was getting back something she lent.

“I do have one, but I don’t have any to give to a student. I don’t think this is right.”
“…If you don’t want to, then you should just say so, there is no need to preach me right?”

The girl complained.
KangYoon blinked his eyes at those rough words.
And so, he was about to scold her when he blinked continuously, looking at her familiar face.

‘Wait. Isn’t this girl Jung MinAh? From EDDIOS?’

She looked younger than the Jung MinAh he knew of, but it was definitely her.
The group with 7 girls, EDDIOS was a group which had a thick fan base due to each members’ individuality. There was a strong fan base and the songs were good too, but due to the bad relationships between its members, there were rumors about their discord and in the end, they would disband. Jung MinAh, with a tall height and a vibrant expression, boasted popularity between both the male and the female populace.
KangYoon was about to pass it off as being unlucky, but he thought that it wouldn’t be right to just leave a member of EDDIOS, who was once the big star in the world of singers. Moreover, they would work for the same company in the future.

“You, aren’t you a trainee of MG Entertainment?”
“Who are you to concern yourself with whether I am or am not one?”
“A cigarette when you’re a trainee. You’re not even a successful singer. What are you doing?”
“Like I said, who are you to stick your nose into this?”

Jung MinAh came out strongly. Her personality was originally one that hated to lose. However, KangYoon also wasn’t someone who would smoothly pass this by.

“I originally had no relations with you, but I do now. I’m an employee in MG Entertainment. You are Jung MinAh right?”
“You know me?”
“I know very well. You are talented in dancing and you are a unofficially trainee that decided to be put in the next girl group. Are you relieving yourself just because you were put in there? You’re even smoking.”
“…..”

Jung MinAh was mad. It was because there was not a single thing wrong with what KangYoon was saying. No, it pricked her because he knew too well. Moreover, to say he was in the same company… If he knew who the trainees were, then it was likely that he leaned more towards field work rather than paperwork. Jung MinAh couldn’t continue speaking.