Chapter 1: Smells like Jasmine

The warm golden light shone and slowly eaten the wide horizon. Droplets of water on the leaves of trees and plants were sparkled with the gentle light.

Behind the crystal window, the white thin curtains swayed gracefully with the morning breeze.

Nonetheless, inside the four corners of a room, a person in a black clad school uniform was emitting a dark aura while staring intently at the picture of a beautiful woman smiling together with her cute little daughter, sitting on her lap.

"Mom, I made a promise to you and Uncle Ben, but..." she gently touched the mirror that shows the reflection of a teenage boy and his obsidian eyes burning on fire. Clenching her palm, she said in a cold monotonous voice, "I, Zitrey d' Nightroad will definitely catch him! I really will!!!"

The veins in her forehead bulging with rage was somehow gone when she heard a pleasing and concerning voice of a woman, "Zeth, it's still early in the morning. Did you have nightmares?"

This woman was sitting on her bed while facing Zitrey with a slightly closed eyes. Although she looked messy, you can still see her magnificent beauty.

The woman has blond silky hair, her long eyelashes covered her deep brown eyes, her porcelain skin perfectly reflect her apple lips. Named Kate d' Nightroad; older sister of Zitrey. Even though she was like an angel, there's this devil - hidden inside.

Zitrey shooked her head, "It's nothing." She went to the side of her own bed and picked up her backpack on her bed. "Your breakfast has already been prepared, eat it when it's still warm."

Her sister gloomily smiled at her. "Ok, but before you go, come here." Zitrey stepped closer and sat beside her. Facing her back towards her sister. Kate wrapped her arms around her waist and leaned on her back.

"Kate, is there any problem?"

Kate slowly shooked her head. "Mnm, No... Your beautiful sister is healing you from your nightmare and absorbing all bad energies that's surrounds you. "

Zitrey grew in silent after hearing those words. They stayed like that for almost three minutes but Kate still didn't let go, instead her embrace tightened more.

"Kate, If this took much longer. I will be late." These words startled Kate and she immediately let go. "Oh, yes, yes... I'm sorry."

Without a word Zitrey stood up and went to the door. "I'm going." She said coldly without looking back at her sister. She was about to turn the doorknob when Kate uttered a single word.

"Andrea... "

All of a sudden, the room atmosphere was like covered in a wall of ice. Feeling the coldness, Kate knew she unconsciously said the word her younger sister doesn't want to hear.

Still holding the doorknob Zitrey looked back at her sister. Her eyes were covered in cloud of darkness. "Don't mention that name again."

Kate staring at her unemotional coldly eyes, felt that her heart squeezing terribly. It's horribly painful and sad, but her lips still managed to curved upward. "Sorry it suddenly came out. I just miss my cute little sister."

Zitrey who opened the door nonchalantly, said, "She's dead... I'm going."

Looking at her back, Kate sighed. "I'm sorry Mistress Lilith, even I can't heal the wound of your daughter. The scar of the past was too deep. I hope someday, she will meet someone who can pull her out from the abyss."

It was already three years since Zitrey was adopted by Kate's Father as his - son. After thoroughly training by her adopted father and his colleague. Her appearance, gesture and the way she acts was like a man, even a bit resemblance of her old self was vanished. Also, having a flat chest helped her more on her acting.