Prologue

A/N: PLEASE tell me if you see any grammar mistakes, spelling mistakes, etc. I do not find you pointing these out insulting. I find it VERY HELPFUL as long as you do it respectfully. Thank you.

Pikewatcher couldn't stop pacing. Quailwing was in pain, having his second litter. His kits from his first litter with her, Mudpaw, Ripplepaw, and Nightpaw, were also waiting outside the nursery with him, nervous meows coming from them. Pikewatcher sat down, clawing at the dirt for a few heartbeats.

"Dad, I know your nervous, but calm down. This is her second litter, remember? She knows what to do." Nightpaw let out a forced purr.

"That doesn't change the fact that she's in pain." Pikewatcher cried.

After a few more dreadful minutes, Poolheart came out of the nursery. She smiled at him, seeing the tears of worry in his eyes.

"Two she-kits and a tom." She winked. "I'll leave the rest to you."

Pikewatcher quickly scurried into the nursery, and gazed at his mate, who looked extremely tired. Three kits lay at her side. For a few heartbeats, all he could do was purr.

Then, suddenly, Quailwing's meow broke the calm ocean of silence and happiness.

"We have six beautiful babies now,"

Pikewatcher nodded, leaning in closer to her. He stroked the nearest kit to him with his tail.

"She's so soft," He meowed, in awe.

"Softkit." Quailwing responded.

Pikewatcher turned to the next kit.

"Her red coat looks like that of a-"

"Salmonkit." Quailwing meowed again.

Pikewatcher nodded excitedly. Shifting his eyes to the next kit, he saw his only son of the litter. He didn't seem to want to stop moving.

"Look at him wriggle, it's like he can't wait to jump in the river!" Pikewatcher almost yowled from excitement.

"So impatient." Quailwing purred. "He reminds me of a certain someone," Quailwing pawed at him.

A mrrow of amusement escaped Pikewatcher's throat.

"Splashkit." Pikewatcher meowed.