Chapter 2 - ManChild

[EPISODE 1]

"You also mislabeled the evidence, so that confession would be worthless if the sergeant hadn't caught your mistake," my father said, pointing to sergeant Jeffords, who appeared to be embarrassed by Jake's actions

"You also mislabeled the evidence, so that confession would be worthless if the sergeant hadn't caught your mistake," my father said, pointing to sergeant Jeffords, who appeared to be embarrassed by Jake's actions. "Here are three cases with sloppy paperwork," my father said, before turning back to the desk behind him and picking up two photographs that confused me.

"Here are two images," my father said, "one of your locker and the other of a rubbish dump in the Philippines." As he showed us the photos, I felt physically sick, wondering how someone could live like that. "Can you tell which is which?" my father said, prompting Jake to select, but I knew my father had something more up his sleeve. "That's the dump," Jake began before being interrupted by my father, whose tone became stronger, indicating that he was becoming increasingly angry because of him.

"there both your locker" my father said "that's actually disgusting I'm surprised you don't have rats in there" I said "also who cares about all these rules I have more felony arrests than any other detective" Jake said Jakes voice changing I could tell he was getting upset a little.

"You also have more mice living in your desk" he said which scared me "than any other
detective" as he said this he began to open Jakes desk so I stepped back I'm terrified of mice I have been ever since I was a little kid as he opened the draw I saw the mouse and began to scream "Algernon" Jake said which infuriated me "you seriously name it" I said angrily "yeah why wouldn't I" he said as he smiled at me while holding the mouse.

"you guys Algernons back" he said as he began to walk closer to me "get that thing away from me" I said I raised my eyebrows "it's just a little mouse" he said lifting the mouse closer to me "Jake I swear to god get it away from me" I said angrily. Which made Jake step back he was then interrupted by my dad "get rid of the mouse and get your act together now" he said before turning round and heading to his office "he's grumpy" I heard Jake say to the mouse which made me pull a face at him "what" Jake said looking up from the mouse and looking at me "get rid of it" I said turning round before heading back to my desk.

Later on we all headed to a department meeting there were several cases going but of course I got put on Jakes case "Amelia you go with them too" he said as looked over to me "Seriously I can't do a case with him he acts like a five year old" I said looking over to Jake in disgust "Exactly that's why you and Jeffords need to babysit him" he said looking at me "am I meant to help him go to the toilet too" I said sarcastically which made everyone else laugh apart from my dad "your going and that's the end of it" he said sounding annoyed that I had questioned his choices.

Later on, I sat at my desk still grumpy with my fathers decision to put me on Peraltas team I was stuck on an immature case with a man child but I'm guessing this was my only chance to prove to my father I was going to a be a great detective like him. Later on, Jake walked over to Sergeant Jeffords desk "so Holt is coming on my stakeout" he said which made me get up from my desk and walk over to sergeant Jeffords desk "sarge any chance I can go and help the toners instead" I said as I smiled at him hoping he would say yes "Captain holt said you're coming with us sorry Amelia" he said so I really was stuck with him "you can listen to my mixtape of very explicit rap" Jake said as he looked at me "yay" I said in a sarcastic tone.

"You made a mixtape" Terry said while looking at Jake in disgust "yes I still listen to cassettes" he said "your like an old man and a baby mixed into one" I said looking at Jake funnily before me and Sergeant Jeffords laughed at my joke "Dad must really like you if he wants to be on a case with you" I said as I laughed at him once more but I knew the real reason it was me he wanted to do it to get back at me for joining the force behind his back "a captain on a minor vandalism case?" He said "exactly he likes you" I said before walking off in the opposite direction before sitting down at my desk and looking at my phone after a while I was interrupted "time to go" I heard a voice say before shoving my legs off my desk as they did this I looked up to see my dad looking at me as usual with no expression.

I just looked at him with a begging face "now" he said before I got up and followed him out of the prescient we waited for a while in the an unmarked car across the street from a cop car waiting for Peralta to arrive. After a while we saw a man walk past the car in civilian clothing before getting in the car beside my father. "You left without me" Jake said sounding hurt as he looked at my father who was staring ahead of him "you were late again" Captain holt said sounding annoyed at him before looking at him.

"I had to put on my undercover minivan disguise" he said as I looked at him before laughing "you look like a 6 year old child where do you ship Gap kid" I said before laughing again "Nice joke" my dad as he turned round to face me in the back of the car except he didn't laugh which you are meant to do when something is funny. "Say hello to Harvey Norgenbloom" he said which made me raise my eyebrows at him "that sounds like the name of a man who stands outside schools all day look for children to abduct" I said as Jake looked at me with disgust "why" he said in a hurt voice "because it's funny" I said just looking at him.

"What's your cover" Jake said as he looked at Captain Holt "Angry Captain" he said changing the tone of his voice to show that he was angry "Okay, so you do not like my ensemble." He said before turning round to face me once more before speaking to me "what about you Amelia" he said "the wrecker, the detective destroys other detective for fun" I said doing a laugh smile.
End Of Chapter 2