Chapter 6 ~ Infiltration

"Tony, they're trying to cut through the door!", Y/N all but screamed into the monitor.

"JARVIS, activate the tower's interior defen-", Y/N heard part of Tony's reply, before the monitor fuzzed and went to black.

"Er JARVIS, why'd you end it?"

No response.

"JARVIS!? This isn't funny."

Again, no response. Nothing but the violent hiss and sparking of the lab door, as it gradually gave into the laser. Then it finally caved. It shot back against the lab wall, the sudden force of which pushed Y/N down hard against one of their workbenches. As Y/N groaned and tried to stand, four armed soldiers ran in, their guns trained solely on Y/N. Another, presumably their leader by the way he held himself, walked carefully towards Y/N.

"Ah Dr Y/N L/N, we meet at least." he started, giving Y/N a sickly smile.

Despite the panic attack, Y/N could feel beginning to bubble to the surface, or maybe because of it, they jokingly replied, "Actually I normally leave out the whole Dr. thing, don't wanna brag, we have Tony for that."

He slapped them, "I AM SPEAKING, I WILL ADDRESS YOU HOWEVER I SEE FIT!" he paused, stepping back and giving Y/N another sly smile. "I'm here to talk about your dear friend Mr Tony Stark, why don't you come with us?" he said, as he turned and gestured to the other soldiers in the room.

"No thanks, I'm-"

He laughed maniacally and faced me again, "I wasn't asking." he replied before he knocked Y/N out with the butt of his gun. Just before their vision faded Y/N heard him say, "Put them in the van, take them to their new home.", and as he walked away, Y/N clocked the infamous HYDRA symbol on his uniform.

~~~~~

Groaning, Y/N tried opening their eyes and after a few attempts, they got them to open fully. Taking in their new surroundings, Y/N realised they were sitting in a cold, metal chair in an equally cold and metal room. In trying to raise their hands, Y/N became aware of handcuffs, keeping them firmly in the chair and no amount of pulling at them would do anything. The soldier, who'd knocked them out previously, chose this moment to enter the room.

"Good morning Dr Y/N L/N, it's so nice to see you awake.", when Y/N didn't answer him he said, "Not much of a talker, eh? We'll soon change that, won't we? Let's start with us then, HYDRA was founded on the belief that humanity could not be trusted with its own freedom. So we aim to control said freedoms by any means necessary. Currently, that includes information on the Avengers, the information you, a close friend of the Avengers, have access to. We want that information."

"I'm just a Stark Industries scientist, I don't know anything about the Avengers."

"Unfortunately for you Dr L/N, we know that's not true. We know you work solely with Stark. We know you live with the Avengers. We know your friends with Avengers. So we know you're lying, and HYDRA DOES NOT TOLERATE LIARS!" he shouted, as he punched Y/N hard in the face, causing their vision to blur.

"Now, here's what's going to happen." he said, flexing his fingers slightly, "I'm going to leave you now, and when I return I expect all the information about the Avengers. Understood?", when Y/N didn't reply, he slapped them and repeated, "Understood!?"

Y/N mustered a feeble, "Understood.", back at him.

"Good. Goodbye Dr L/N." he spoke, venom laced in his words before he turned and left the room, the door slammed loudly behind him.

"What am I going to do now? I guess I just need to hold out until the Avengers rescue me. Not that they ever would. It would just be a waste of their time, saving worthless me."