Bittersweet

Louis was thinking about Tyler again. Thinking about the author with a perfect smile and almost perfect eyes to match

Louis walked over to the window and reflected on his comforting surroundings. He had always loved small and quiet towns, with their lazy breezes and large forest. It was these place that encouraged his love to feel at home in nature.

Then he saw something in the distance, or rather someone. It was the unmistakably tall figure of Tyler Fisher.

Louis swallowed thickly, glancing at his own reflection. 

He was a mess to say the least. Sweatpants and a tank top didn't seem like such a good decision anymore, considering his lanky legs and small body. His friends saw him as an anxious, and they had every right to label him as such.

But not even this mess of a man was prepared for what Tyler had in store today.

The rain hammered like cats and dogs, making Louis anxious. In his nervousness the young man grabbed a torn stressed ball that had been strewn nearby, massaging it with his fingers.

As Louis stepped outside and Tyler came closer, he could see the tearful look in his eye.

He gazed upon this shaky man with the affection you'd only seen in those cheesy romance movies and said, in a hushed tone, "You know why I'm here."

Louis looked back, even more anxious and still fingering the torn ball. "Tyler, please don't make me lie to you," he replied, looking remorseful.

They looked at each other with stressed eyes, like two cautious but giddy teens getting caught under the bleachers at a college party, which had pop music playing in the background and two clumsy drunks singing to the beat.

Louis studied Tyler's face and mostly focused on his watering eyes. Eventually, he took a deep breath. "I'm sorry," began Louis in apologetic tones, "but I don't feel the same way, and I never will. I just don't love you Tyler."

Tyler looked shattered, his emotions raw like nothing he'd seen before.

Louis could've sworn he heard Tyler's heart shatter all over again, just as the last time he had been asked to say it. Then the male hurried away into the distance in defeat as he usually did.

Not even a drink of sweet tea would ease Louis's nerves tonight.

p.s ~ I wrote this when I was fifteen and don't really want to sit here and edit it to perfection, so this is whatcha get. sorry eve