Henry & Afanasi

The day started off warm and bright, the feeling of the sun much like a soft blanket on the older man's skin as he sat quietly, pushing himself gently on the squeaking porch swing. Henry always looked forward to spring weather, the soft thud of rain hitting the roof of the porch paired with the quiet rumble of an incoming thunderstorm, it was his favorite melody that came from mother nature herself. 

Growing up he had never been a fan of the quiet, but as he reached further into his thirties the sound of silence was starting to bring a wave of calm over him. 

He became lost in thought as he sat in the cool spring air with closed eyes, and only after letting out a content sigh did he notice he wasn't alone on the porch. The creak of old wood brought Henry back to reality, opening his eyes to see his dearest stepping out the front door of their aging home. He couldn't help but smile when those familiar blue eyes rested on him curiously. 

"I could see the clouds, I wanted to enjoy the rain," He answered the unasked question with a soft humming tone, reaching forwards to the glass of lemonade he had left untouched.

"Would you like to join me?"

Afanasi, with a small smile on his face, gave a little nod before walking over to his partner, carefully seating himself beside him. the swing rocked a bit from the added weight, giving a soft squeak as the rusty chain rubbed together. 

They sat together in comfortable silence for a time, and as Henry began to rest a bit of weight against his partner's side he reached a gentle hand to the man's blond curls, a sweet smile on his face as he gently pulled apart curls and toyed with twisted hair strands. He knew it was soft spot of Afanasi's, letting out a short huff of air in amusement as the gentle giant that was his lover rested his head against his. It was a bit of an awkward pose with how short Henry was compared to him, but at least it wasn't uncomfortable. 

"Tu es comme une fleur, douce et colorée," Afanasi finally spoke softly, his Russian accent almost thicker than usual with the French words he spoke. Regardless though the words gave his younger partner a warm and fuzzy feeling in his chest, something that he felt often.

"You're French is getting better, but I'm no flower, no matter how sweet and colorful you may think I am," Henry shyly dismissed with a smile, his face growing rosy as he took his hand back from his partner's mess of curls. Though his rosy cheeks only darkened when the man beside him began to smile, a smile with the same boyish charm that made him weak in the knees.

The things this man did to him even after all this time.

As he continued with that heartwarming smile Henry slowly stood and offered his hand, his gentle smile changing to a small grin when his lover took his hand. at first Afanasi was a bit confused, unsure of what to expect as he was gently pulled to his feet.

"What are we-"

"Let's dance, it's been a while since we've stretched these aging muscles together," The younger of the two said before the question was asked completely, giving his partner's hand a gentle squeeze as he looked up to meet his gaze.

"What are we dancing to? The rain?" Afanasi questioned as his smile softened, though the delight was clear in his tone of voice. 

"Think of it as natures orchestra, a song free to our imagination," Henry replied with a soft laugh, adjusting his hold on his dearest's hand before taking a step closer to him. He only felt close enough once he was able to rest his head against the taller man's chest, wrapping his free arm around the other's torso before looking up at his face once again. 

Afanasi happily relaxed his shoulders as he held his partner's hand with a gentler grip, wrapping his other arm as Henry had before giving the youthful man a soft kiss on the forehead. The pair didn't need to share another word as the relaxed against each other and simply enjoyed the warmth between them, the soft rumble of thunder matching with the strides they took as they danced peacefully along their wooden porch. Their movements were anything but stiff while they hummed quietly together, even their breathing beginning to harmonize with the other's. 

Once their loving moment came to a close they simply swayed together in place, hand in hand as they enjoyed nature's melody together, looking at each other with endearing gazes. 

"I love you Afanasi."

"I love you too Henry."