5

Midoriya's POV

I woke up screaming, I sat up heavily breathing and cold sweats dripping off of me as if I had watched someone get murdered right in front of me.
Then i remembered the dream i just had, well more of a memory and started to cry. The tears stung as they rolled down my face my quiet crying soon into hysterical sobs. The image just kept appearing in my head and wouldn't go away.

flashback

I was 12 when I was walking home from school, more like limping due to Kacchan and his friends attacking me earlier. I finally got to my house when I took out my key, unlocked and opened the door. "Mom i'm home!" I yelled with a fake smile but no answer. i began to look around but no sign that anyone has been here. I went to the only place I hadn't checked yet, her room. I reached out for the door knob with a shaky hand. I was terrified like I didn't want to know what was lying behind that door. Which as a matter of fact i really didn't. I slowly turned the knob and pushed the door open slightly only enough for me to see inside. My eyes widened and the knot I felt stuck in my throat felt like it had grown ten times. I couldn't help but let some tears fall. What I saw in front of me was a man with a black mask and a bloodied knife in his hand as he repeatedly stabbed my mother everywhere on her body. He left no part of her unstabbed. I kept quiet I couldn't make a sound even if I wanted to, if I did he probably would have done the same to me. once he finished he jumped out the window. As soon as he was gone I swung to door open ran to my mom and held her bloodied body in my hands. I was sobbing for hours screaming at the top of my lungs. "WAKE UP MOM PLEASE WAKE UP!!! WHY YOU!! NOOOOOO!!!!!!" No was the final thing I screamed before the police arrived after someone called them due to my screaming. I had stopped crying until a hero I didn't recognize came in and tried to pull away from my mother. I kicked and punched and screamed for them to let me go and that I needed to see my mom and stay with her. After about an hour they finally calmed me down and got me to go to sleep but all I could think about was the events of the day. I didn't care about the fact that I got bullied everyday like usual it was all about the fact that everyone that i care about leaves. My dad left me when I was 4 after he found out I was quirkless and that left my mom in a great depression. She tried to hide it so I wouldn't see but I knew that she would cry herself to sleep. Than my mom gets murdered in front of me but deep down I knew that I was the only reason she had wanted to live. In all honesty I only wanted to live my life for her. That night I eventually fell asleep due to exhaustion.

flashback ended

I could hear all the voices in my head coming back, the same ones i've been hearing since that day.
USLESS
FAILURE
ITS YOUR FAULT
SHES DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU
HE LEFT BECAUSE OF YOU
STUPID
LOSER
TAKE A SWAN DIVE OFF THE ROOF ALREADY
THEY NEVER LOVED YOU
They kept on repeating those same words over and over again. One of my hands subconsciously moved to my hair and I started tugging while the other started to scratch at all the self inflicted cuts and scratches on my arms. The sobs and screams I could tell were leaving my mouth but I couldn't hear any of it. Everything else had been drowned out, all that was left was the image of my moms lifeless body and the words swimming in my head. I never even realized the fact that the door to the infirmary had swung open and Aizawa along with Todoroki were there. I felt a warm touch on my shoulder that made me flinch and it felt as if I couldn't breath until I saw Todoroki's face directly in front of mine, lips moving but not a word coming out. He then looked at me and started taking deep breathes and I decided to copy. It seemed to work my breathing slowed down I finally released the hair that I was gripping onto for dear life, my tears stated to slow and I could finally hear Todoroki's voice instead of the ones in my head. His voice one I much rather hear. I felt him coming closer and arms wrapping around me and I tensed up until I realized it was only a hug and I hesitantly hugged back. We stayed like that for a while and that's when my brain started to comprehend what happened and led me to the conclusion that I had another panic attack. The exhaustion took over and I remembered that I had probably been crying for hours at this point and I finally fell asleep again in the embrace of Todoroki and the voices of Aizawa and recovery girl talking most likely about my mental health. That's when it clicked, 'Oh shit, they are going to find out and send me to an orphanage or a foster family, THEY MAY EVEN KICK ME OUT OF THE SCHOOL FOR LYING ABOUT MY FAMILY.' That was my final thought before I let the darkness take over and let the cold embrace of slumber consume me.

____________________________________

OMG SO THIS TOOK SO LONG AND I AM SO SORRY I HAVE BEEN INCREDIBLY BUSY LATELY AND I APOLOGIZE. HERES THIS CHAPTER AND SO YEAH I REALLY HOPE YOU ENJOY AND I WILL DEFINITELY TRY TO GET THE NEXT FEW CHAPTERS FINISHED SOON. SO YEAH SEE YOU GUYS IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!!!!