Chapter 3

On the way to your car, you informed him of your name. He told you his name was Chucky.
  You went to the passenger's side of your car and sat Chucky in the seat, buckling him in before shutting the door and going to the driver's side. As you got in and started the car, Chucky noticed how kind and gentle you were compared to Andy. It would take some getting used to, but it was a good feeling he had craved for the longest time.
  Once you parked in front of your home, you got out and went to Chucky's side, unbuckling him and preparing to pick him up. Instead, he quickly crawled into your arms and held onto you tightly. You gladly wrapped your arms around him and carried him away, chuckling at how fast he had warmed up to you.
  You opened the door to your house and began to give Chucky a little tour of his new home. He clung to you the whole time, however, too overjoyed at having someone so loving taking him in. All of his previous caution was long forgotten, having been replaced with overwhelming happiness.
  After showing him around a bit you made your way to the bathroom and set Chucky down outside the door.
"I'm gonna go get ready for bed, okay? Just wait right there, I'll be back in a sec," you pat his head and went in, closing the door behind you. He patiently stood where you had left him.
  After getting dressed into your pajamas you opened the door and found Chucky waiting for you in the same spot. With a small chuckle, you scooped him up and headed for your bedroom.
  The room was exactly as you left it, small globe string lights stretching across the walls, making the room feel warm and safe. Various posters decorated the walls as well, all depicting some sort of band or movie.
  "This is my room," you explained to Chucky, carrying him around and stopping to let him inspect certain trinkets and items. Somehow this place felt more comfortable than Andy's apartment.
  Finally, you went to your bed and crawled in, setting Chucky down beside you.
  "There you go, all nice and comfy," you said softly, pulling the covers over you both and tucking him in. He grinned up at you.
  Spotting one of your many stuffed animals lining the wall against your bed, you smiled and grabbed one, a classic brown teddy bear.
  "Here, do you like stuffed animals?" you asked, handing him the plush. He took it carefully with his small hands and held it close, his smile spreading and his eyes shining with delight as he nodded.
  You snickered and wrapped your arms around him, pulling him against you.
  "Awww, you're too cute," you gushed.
  Chucky blissfully snuggled up to your chest, overjoyed that someone would finally hold him close at night rather than make him keep his distance. For the first time in a long while, he felt truly loved.
  "Do you wanna sing the buddi song before bed?" you heard him whisper after a moment.
  "Of course, sweetheart," you laughed, beginning to stroke his hair as he sang. You thought your heart might melt at how precious he was.
  "You are my buddy, until the end. More than a buddy, you're my best friend. I love you more than you will ever know. I will never let you go..."
  You listened to the comforting words, love overwhelming you as he pledged his never ending loyalty and friendship in the form of a sweet tune. A loner like yourself absolutely adored having someone like Chucky. Someone you could always count on.
  When he was done singing his little song, you kissed his head and gave him a loving squeeze.
  "Oh, that was beautiful, honey. From now on you can sing for me anytime you want, okay?" you murmured, tucking some hair behind his ear.
  He nodded happily. "Okay."
  You smiled fondly. "Goodnight, Chucky," you whispered, nestling your face against his soft hair.
  "Goodnight, (Y/n)," he replied, closing his eyes and gripping the fabric of your t-shirt.