Chapter 4

"Y/N. Are you awake?" Will's whispering voice awakens me. I roll over to face the boy standing over me. I look at the clock.

"What the fuck Will, it's literally 4 in the morning. Are you okay?" I ask in a croaky and tired voice. Only when I turn the lamp on that I realise that he had been crying, and still is.

"C-can we talk?" He says softly and nervously. I nod my head and motion for him to sit down next to me on the bed.

"What's up Will?" I say calmingly to the boy while putting a comforting hand over his, stroking the back of it with my thumb.

"You probably won't believe me, but a while ago I went missing and ended up in an alternate reality called the upside down. There's... creatures there. And then after Joyce and Hopper found me, I thought I was safe. But then I was... possessed by, what we call, the mind flayer and it had to be burnt out of me. And it's very evil and does bad things and... I don't think all of it left..." Will explains, trailing off at the end as a tear rolls down his face, turning into sobs.

"I believe you Will." I say to the boy.

"You- you do?" He looks into my eyes, his chocolate ones now sad and glossy with tears. It hurts me to see him like this. I nod my head in response to him.

"I'll help you through this, no matter what, we stick together and we get that thing out of you." I smile sweetly.

"Promise?"

"Promise." I open my arms and Will falls into them, resting his head just above my collar bone. I kiss the top of his head and close my eyes to drift to sleep.

"Oh, and Y/N. One more thing." Will says, making me jump a little, but it was pretty much unoticable. I hope. "Please don't treat me like a baby like everyone else does."

"Of course." I reply to him, making him smile. Then we both lay back down in the guest bed, which is a double, and drift off to sleep in each other's arms.

But obviously, before I sleep, I take in all of Will's features. From his resting eyes, to his perfect bowl cut, the way his arms snake around my body and the warmth of being close to him. His scent filling the room, he was more than perfect. Oh shit, I really fuckin like him.

----

"Ow!" I shout jumping up and lookin af at a red, hand-shaped mark on my upper arm. The I across to see an apologetic Will staring over me.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to slap you that hard. Well, good morning Y/N." He says before getting out of the bed and pulling his socks on, he must of taken them off when I was sleeping. I blush at the thought that we slept together last night, hugging.

"Good morning Will." I reply back to him before getting up and going to the bathroom. I brush my teeth and all that stuff then head to the kitchen where Nancy and Jonathan were making toast and smoothies for us all. I'm pretty sure Josh is at work though, either that or in town. Who knows.

"Y/N, do you want to come over to Mike's today. He told me that him and El had a fight and needs support." Will speaks up with a mouth full of toast, spitting crumbs all over the table cloth.

"Mike hates me, he won't want me there. It sounds like a boys problem and not something I should intervene with. Plus, I don't want to seem nosey or anything like that." I say through sips of my drink. Will just nods.

"Call Max, I'm sure the girls will want you around." He picks up the phone and hands it to me after dialing a number.

It rings. And rings. And rings. It stops. Will calls the number again. It rings. And rings. And-