Chapter 17

"Y/N please, it's okay. You didn't do it." Mike seemed to be extremely annoyed, yet still pleaded profusely to try and calm me down.

But I wouldn't, and I couldn't.

My knees were pulled up to my chest as I sobbed endlessly into them. I nearly just fucking killed my best friend, my love - what would have happened it had of hit him? Why did i do it? How did i do it? It's all too much to think about, so instead I cry, focusing on the salty tears trailing down my cheeks and onto my trembling lips before entering my mouth.

"Y/N. Please." Mike stated bluntly, getting up and stomping away. I didn't feel guilty for upsetting him to the point of walking away. For one, he deserved it. And for two, I didn't want someone to try to comfort me and it was obvious, all I really wanted was space.

But the "comfort" never seems to stop, it's an endless loop. Another soft hand is placed gently on my shoulder blade, tapping it only slightly.

"Come with me." El's distinctive, broken-english voice, spoke gently and quietly. I nodded, wanting to get away from the crowd for a bit.

As I stood up, I noticed Will pacing the room with his head in his hands, Mike leaning over the kitchen counter with his head also in his hands, Lucas was applying tape to his broken pair of binoculars and Max was trying to call someone, anyone, for help.

El dragged me into my bedroom and locked the door behind her, we both sat in the bed in silence.

Well, it was almost silence. The only noise was my loud sobs and Max's annoyed voice and the slamming of the phone against the dial box every time it rang through.

"It was me." Eleven's quiet, soft voice filled the small room. She was starring, her eyes sending a shiver down my spine. There was something about her stare that I wasn't sure I liked.

"Wh-what?" I whispered through sobs, wiping my eyes and nose with a tissue from my bedside table.

"I threw the trash can." She explained in a, I want to say confident, way.

"What? Why would you do that!" I whisper shout, sniffling and humming to clear my nose and throat.

"To hit you." I widen my eyes and tilted my head, my eyebrows knitting together in a 'what the fuck' kind of way.

"And why would you do that?" I question slowly shaking my head to my words, maintaining the same face as before.

"Mike." She stands up, turning to walk away but I grab her wrist tightly and yank her back down. Her face is filled with fear and stress, but I relax and release her arm, and she seems to also calm down.

"Sorry." I mumble, then look up and speak again. "What do you mean Mike?" Fury lacing my voice quickly.

"You stole Will. Mike has been sad since you took him." El explains, sighing. I relax, laying carefully down onto my bed and resting my head on the pillow, just thinking.

"Really?" I question, shocked for the most part.

"Yes. He misses Will." Eleven looks around before scooting up the bed so she's beside me. She leans down and puts a hand over the side of her face like shes trying to hide her mouth so no one can read her lips, even though theres no one else in the room.

"He loves Will." She whispers, then placing a finger over her mouth signifying me to not tell anyone. I nod as she exits my room, leaving me all alone in the dark. And that's when it really hit me.

Mike really does love Will...

----

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while. I'm sorry I promised frequent updates and you aren't getting them.

I'm sorry this chapter was so short, it's crucial to the plot though and I needed to fill in time aha.

Not going to promise fast updates, I don't want to let you all down more then I have already.

All the love in the world to everyone reading this <3 <3 <3