Chapter 13

*Loosely edited*

"What the fuck Y/N!" Joshua yells angrily while running up to me and wrapping me in a tight hug. "Where the fuck did you go?" He practically screams at me.

"I-i." I start before beginning to mumble the resting my sentence. "Went to see dad."

"Hm? Speak up, I can't can't fucking here your sorry excuse!" Josh yells at me, flames in his eyes.

"I went to see dad." I say a little louder, so only Josh could here. Although it wouldn't matter, the only other people here are the people in the car where Josh was. Dustin had gone that way so maybe it's his mum or something.

"You WHAT!" My brother yells, making me step back further.

"I'm really sorry. Please, let me explain. Later, back at the Byers' house, when everyone's there. Please Josh." I cry to him, trying to contain as many tears as I can.

"Fine. Only because you have a lot of explaining to do." Josh turns around and begins walking to the car. "You coming or not, loser." He yells sternly. I quickly follow after and get in the back seat on the left, Dustin was in the middle and Josh on the right. In the passenger seat, a teenage boy in a sailor costume sits beside a girl in a sailor costume - just like Josh's, which he isn't wearing at the moment. I guess my theory about it being Dustin's mum was wrong.

"Hi. I'm Dustin's mum." Or, I was right? The male turns around. I recognise him from Scoops.

"Steve? How could you possibly be Dustin's mum?" I ask, obviously confused.

"Don't ask sensetive questions like that my daughter." He smiles then turns back to the road. "Wait. How do you know my name!" Steve shouts, turning his face toward me with a terrified expression.

"Magic." I wink at him and he winces and turns back to the road.

"He's kinda weird. But we love him." Dustin whispers in my ear, obviously talking about Steve.

"Clearly. Who's 'us', by the way?" I ask in a whisper. A small laugh escapes Dustin's mouth.

"His many children. Me, Erica, the party, Suzie, and now you too!" He smiles, off in la la land.

"Who's Suzie?" I wonder out loud.

"My girlfriend. A genius, mastermind, hotter than Pheobe Kates." Dustin's eyes literal hearts by now.

"Okay, but that last part is impossible though." I whisper, Dustin becomes annoyed but it fades quickly.

"So you like girls?" Dustin asks, turning to actually face me for the first time on the car ride.

"I like Will." I reply, dodging his question, while also not lying at the same time. Dustin makes and awe sound just as we pull up to the Byers' house.

"Y/N, straight to the lounge. You've got some major explaining to do." Josh gritts his teeth through words while not bo trhering to look at me. I slowly get out of the car, I wave to Steve, Dustin and Robin and they all give me a sympathetic wave in return.

I follow Josh into the Byers home, everyone crowds in the lounge with annoyed expressions. By everyone, I mean Joyce, Jonathan, Will, Mike, El, Max, Lucas, Nancy and some cop that's always around here in whom I assume is Joyce's boyfriend but I've never spoken to him before.

I awkwardly shuffle into the lounge as suddenly all angry, fire-lit eyes glare daggers through me. Josh takes a seat and I begin to walk past to go to my room. I don't want to explain in front of all these people. They'll think I'm fucking crazy. A hand grabs my wrist as I speed-walk past.

"Not so fast." The cop guy glares at me, throwing my arm back by my side and lightly pushing me to the front of the room.

I stand awkwardly, looking anywhere but at the crowd of people in front of me - which is hard considering how many people there are just staring right through me.

"I uh," I look down at the ground as a tear falls free, the room is so quiet I heard it splosh on the floorboards. "I went to see my dad in prison. I desperately needed his help." I bite my lip anxiously, a short and sharp sting eventually numb my lip as a drop of blood trickles onto my shaking hands.

"But why?" Josh says quietly, too mad and upset to even try.

"I think..." I blink my eyes shut tightly and shakily exhale. "I'm possessed." Everyone's eyes widen, while also leaning forward.

"What?." Joyce blurts out, grabbing a notepad and pen.

"I started throwing up black tar, my eyes always roll back and I pass out, he likes it cold, I have uh... powers, and I'm always dizzy. Please... help me." I say through tears. An excruciating stabbing pain sends itself from my foot to my neck, lingering up there whilst progressively getting worse. I trap my neck and groan in pain. If tmgetsvworse and worse, I fall to the ground while screaming in pain. I begin to feel dizzy and my eyes roll back. That's enough.

My head shoots up straight, my eyes still rolled back. I slowly lower my head sith no control over it whatsoever, a pit of burning and electricty twirlsin my stomach, like if you tied a heap of matches together, lit them, threw them in a washing machine, and turned it up to max speed. My head flicks up quickly and I hear a loud thud, gasps and rushing footsteps to the other side of the room. My eyes go back to normal and I gain back control. I look over to the crowd, Josh sits again the wall slumped over while holding his arm. I gasp and begin to cry.

"Go." My older brother say sternly yet in a whisper, we lock eyes.

"What?" I ask, obviously scared.

"Go!" He screams, pointing to the door, his knuckles bright white. Everyone nods in agreanece. I shake my head.

"No." I run off the opposite way to my bedroom and slam the door behind me. I finally collapse on my bed only to find myself in a pool of my own tears. I cry as quiet as possible, but it's not really working out.

"Hey." A female voice says, a group of footprints lead into my room. They stop just at the foot of my bed but I still don't bother to look up, considering I know exactly who it is and I really don't want to talk to them at the moment, or at all.

"What do you want." I sob out through sniffs.

"Calm down. We just want to make sure you're okay." A male voice this time speaks. I look up to see Mike and Max, the two voices, and El and Lucas.

"Why do you care? You left me to die at the sauna!  You slapped me in the face! And you're an asshole!" I shout at the four people before me, pointing to each person as I go. Max sits beside me and Mike on the other side. I roll my eyes.

"Y/N, we're really sorry. We never meant to hurt you. I just have trust issues and Max and El are girls and get annoyed easily. If it's not to much to ask, will you officially be in the party?" Mike blurts out in a surprisingly caring tone. He puts a hand on my shoulder and I shake it off. I sigh and rub my eyes.

"Can we talk in the morning?" I ask, tired. The four nod and walk out of my room, carefully closing the door behind them and switching off the light.

Why would they want me in the party now? After all the bitching and fucking me around, why? Should I even trust them? It seemed genuine though. Ugh! Is it because they don't want me to hurt them? Oh well. I'm just going to sleep, and figure it out in the morning.

----

(A/N)- I'm so sorry I took so long to update, I had this written but I hadn't edited and I wasn't in the right headspace to (I'm still not but it's inevitable). I also really hate this chapter for some reason but it'll hopefully get better.

Anyway... thanks so much for all the love on the book, it means so much

Lotta love
<3 <3 <3