three ✎

previously on Heartbreak Hotel....

When he stands up, my eyes nearly fly out of their sockets.

The dude turns around, and my heart starts pounding as he points the camera lens RIGHT AT ME.

-present-

Incapable of moving, I feel my body freeze in shock, a wave of panic  swept over me.

He might just be trying to take a pic of  the painting behind me, or the cushion propped on top of the sofa. You know, Photographers snap all kinds of sh*t.

I try to remain calm, but it doesn't really help when your mind is racing with thoughts, and when a total stranger is probably taking a picture of you.

Then, all of a sudden, Señorita by Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello starts playing in the background.

Locked in the hotel
There's just some things that never change
You say, "We're just friends."
But friends don't know the way you taste-la-la-la

They just had to play this song, didn't they?

Embarrassed as frick, I slowly stand up, considering going back to the room, but then I remember Aiden's words, and feel trapped.

Should I stay or should I go?

I don't have a choice.

Before I can even climb up the spiral staircase, a familiar voice makes me stop in my tracks.

Mystery Man from the Airport!!

"Good afternoon, Miss, sorry to disturb, but can I ask you a question?"

I resist the urge to say "you already did" and bite my tongue,

"Sure, I guess"

"Would you mind if I took a picture of you ? Sitting on the sofa, over there? He asks, pointing to the sofa I was slouching on just a few moments ago...
"It's actually for a project of mine I'm currently working on, you want me to tell you about it? He shyly grins.

I smile, and nod my head.

He turns his body around so that's he's now facing me, and takes his hood off.

I mentally analyse his features, he looks like an anime character, with beautiful, big eyes... His hair is jet black, with a single streak of blue in it, curtain style. I also notice he has a scar under his left eye.

I wonder where he got that from.

"The goal is to photograph as many people as possible, He resumes, - with their consent, of course. I'm trying to reach one hundred faces. For the moment, I've only managed to capture 30, most of them being family members and acquaintances"

The only thing I can do is nod, my grip tight on the handrail.

"So... Can I take a picture of you? It's fine if you say no." He asks, smiling.

This dude looks intimidating as f*ck. But he's actually SUCH a sweetheart.

I bite my lip hesitantly, anxiety slowly consuming my thoughts.

He fiddles with the camera, stroking the shutter button, the veins in his hands and arms bulging in the process.

I clear my throat. Sis, it's been like two minutes, the readers are WAITING.

"Um, I guess I wouldn't mind you taking a picture of me."

He gives me a smile that seems just so genuinely sweet with just the right touch of shyness that my cheeks start to warm up.

"Okay, would you prefer me to take you on the couch you were sitting on earlier, or one of the ottomans?"

My heart starts pounding, eyes as big as saucers until my dumb ass realizes he means "take" as in take a picture. And not in the sexual way.

"I'm sorry haha, I was thinking of something else. I nervously chuckle. I'd like to be taken of the sofa, if you don't mind"

He doesn't seem to get the innuendo, and proceeds to walk toward the sofa, turning the camera on. ;)

Before sitting down, I stare at my shorts and start to feel self conscious. Oh, it's the face he's interesting in, not the body.

I hesitantly perch on the edge of the sofa, trying my best not to look like I'm about to have a panic attack. Ugh, you got yourself into this. You could've said No.

I did it to help him, nothing more, nothing less..

"You know, I bet your facial features would look even better with a smile" He warmly points out, MAKING THINGS EVEN MORE COMPLICATED.

I give him my best toothless grin, standing up a little straighter, showing my left side off. Angles, bi*ch.

He edges closer to my face, closing one eye and licking his lower lip, then presses the shutter button.

*click*

"There!"  He exclaims, looking like a proud mom, bending down to show me the picture.

I squint at the screen, unsure of what to say. I don't look hideous but my eyelashes are too short, and my armpit fat is showing.

I tear my eyes off the camera, and mutter  a "thank you" before quickly standing up and heading to the staircase.

"Hey- Mystery Man calls out to me, but I am already walking down the hall, meters away from him.

"I just want to let you know that my name's Taeyong! Thanks for helping me!"

Taeyong.

A/N: omg is anyone even reading this?
Anyways I hope y'all are having a good day <3
Vote|Comment if you're a K-POP fan, or if you're pleased with the book ❤️

Much love.