four ✎

previously on Heartbreak Hotel...

"I just want to let you know that my name's Taeyong! Thanks for helping me!"

Taeyong.

    TY's P.O.V

I wonder why she left the lobby in haste.
The picture looked good, well, in my opinion it did.
She just left, without a goodbye or a shy smile. I suppose she had the urge to use the toilet, or maybe she was feeling sick?

I stare at the photo for an extra five seconds, and switch the camera off, proud that I managed to capture another face for my project.

Focus on the good, instead of the bad.

Once I enter our hotel room, I notice my father sitting up in bed, with an angry look on his face. He's obviously telling a story, making dramatic hand gestures and almost yelling at my mother, who's folding clothes, and putting them in the walk - in closet.

"Hello!" I greet both parents, but they don't reply, my mother is too busy listening to my father and folding clothes, and my father continues to aggressively explain how some teenager ran into him on purpose.

"What happened, dad?" I tentatively ask, hoping he won't snap at me.

Unfortunately, he does, and proceeds to share the story in Korean;

"A curly haired brat ran into me! On purpose! Imagine, an old man being assaulted, I'm supposed to be on holiday! She looked mixed, a hint of African, those kind of people are problematic! Stay away from them, my son!" He scoffs, spit drooling from his chin. I try not to show my disgust at his racist views, and let him continue.

"I asked the girl where her mother was, she told me she's arriving in Ibiza tomorrow morning, and that she traveled here with her brother. I'm waking up early tomorrow, at SUNRISE. And I'll wait at the door! That way, I'll be the first person to talk to the mother, and tell her what a bit-

I quickly cut him off, I won't stand another round of this. "Father, can I go to the beach? It's just at the other end of the resort. And I need to take more pictures for my project."

My father finally ends his hate speech, and looks at Mum, probably wondering how rude I am for interrupting his story.

He dismisses me with his hand, "Whatever, go and take those stupid pictures, you'll never make good money  anyway. it's not a real job, Taeyong, photography is a passion."

I ignore him, and make my way out of the room, camera in hand, ready to take some beautiful shots.

  Nyx's P.O.V

I hesitantly knock on the door, dreading my mother's reaction. But there's no response. I fish the double key out of my pocket, and unlock the door.

As I step into the room, I am greeted by silence. I check the bathroom and the walk - in closet. Not a single soul.
Where have they gone!?

My mother's handbag is missing from the hatstand. Maybe they went out to buy something, after all, it's a huge resort.