Chapter 3: family.

The first night Isabel arrived at Levi and Farlan's home she was starving so ate her dinner quickly, not caring if she got indigestion later. Farlan watched her, smiling slightly while Levi gave her a bit of a "what are you doing?" look. "What's the rush Isabel?" Levi asked. She looked up from her plate, blushing hugely as she answered, "I haven't eaten in days." She muttered, "Sorry if it looked disgusting and rude but I didn't mean it too. I was just really hungry." She hung her head low. "Levi was just kidding with you Isabel." Farlan said looking down at the slumped girl. "Oh. Okay then!" She perked back up and carried on eating. When they had finished their meals Levi told them what chores they needed to do for tonight. Really? Isabel thought, this place is already spotless! "Isabel," Levi spoke snapping her out of her thoughts, "You will be in the kitchen." She nodded and began moving towards the kitchen. She wasn't that great at cleaning because Isabel had never had to clean anything in her life besides herself. Everything was going well until she was trying to reach for some supplies and knocked them all down along with herself. She winced as she hit the floor. Isabel looked up to see a very displeased Levi in front of her. "Sorry..." She mumbled. Levi crouched in front of her and pulled up her chin gently. "Are you okay?" He asked calmly. "What?" Isabel choked out with wide eyes. "I asked if you were okay." "Yeah I am thank you." "Good." Levi replied. He stood up bringing her with him. "Carry on then." She nodded too shocked to answer. It had been so long since someone cared about how she was that it had surprised her entirely especially since she only just met them. When Isabel was finally finished she went and found Farlan to talk to him, "Hey Isabel." He called. "Hey Farlan. Can I talk to you?" "Sure," they went and sat in the wooden chairs at the table. "What do you need?" Isabel shuffled nervously in her seat, "Well it's about Levi." Farlan frowned, "What about him?" She looked up at him cautiously wondering whether or not it was okay to ask this, eventually the curious side won, "Is he the leader?" She blurted out quickly. "That's all? No Levi isn't the leader officially." Isabel looked confused so Farlan carried on explaining, "He leads us all the time because he makes all the rational decisions and is the most talented but he never calls himself a leader and he makes himself clear whenever people call him that. He may seem emotionless and harsh but he really does care for us. Levi would do anything he could to keep us alive when in danger." Isabel thought back to the alleyway where Levi saved her life. "Yeah..." She mused. Levi was mysterious that's for sure but Isabel didn't care, he was helping her and she would try everything she could too help him and Farlan. They were her new family after all.

(That's chapter 3. I feel like I'm making the characters have the wrong characteristics but about Isabel, I'm making her more bouncy and energetic like she is in the manga soon. She's just cautious right now as she has just joined these new people etc. Any way hoped you enjoyed ^_^ thanks for reading.)