CHAPTER 33: JAR OF HAZINESS

The room went silent for some time. Pamella could feel herself sweating of awkwardness all over.

God! This feels like giving an oral presentation back in high school! Why did the atmospbere need to become like this?!
- Um... Your Highness must like games right?!

The King smiled and adjusted his position on his throne. He cunningly smiled; feeling a sort of amusement by the young man's offer.
- Everyone... Likes games...

Pamella got her compossure back and rising herself straight off watching at his royal Highness, grinned.
- Fantastic! Then...
-Not so fast!
The King interrupted her, leaving Pamella with her words stuck on her throat and cut off breath.

- Huángshì wǒ... will be the one to establish the game we'll play!

Pamella's Adam's Apple bobed while she gulped.

This King is making my planning go all to waste! Damm... I didn't expect such turns of events!
Pamella,

- Very well your Highness...

The rest of the group remained expectant of it all. The reason they did not speak was because they really had nothing to make word of. They hadn't planned anything really, they only had hopes for Pamella to make up some ridiculously believable story and get the whole task over with. But grabbing hold of a Wise Spirit's golden charm was no easy task, so until things remained like they were now, their help wasn't needed.
Although, from their point of view, Pamella's appearance looked like a pitiful little chic ready to be roasted.
Xian Leng thought,
If she was going to be lost in her own random attempts, and beg shamelessly for help, why in Heaven's sake did she go forth with this?!

The King spoke again,
- Also, WHAT kind of thing would you bargain ? You come all here to bargain with me, showing such audacity towards the me and trying to manipulate things to your favor!

Pamella kept on grinning. Her face cheecks and gritted teeth hurt by the force she was putting on them. She didn't think that the King would shove on to her faces what their real intention was. So, it was better to go straight to the point, no matter how unbelievable it would be.
- I would like... For his Highness... To hand over his golden spirit charm!

The Kings eyes widened. He asked himself if the man was right on his mind. How could he be asking him to hand over the principal and most powerful source to his powers. He certainly must be insane.

From the other end of the room DuZhi wooed and clapped sarcatically.

- Way to go matchstick! Keep it up! It's working!
Keep up blabering nonsense! If we get killed, I'll be sure to drag you with me to Hell!

Pamella glared at the little devil while Xian Leng hit him on the back of its head.

The King sighed and all serious spoke.
- The charm is useless on mortals. Especially those who have poor Qi flow on their bodies. For what reason should I hand over the charm to you? What importance does it have a powerful weapon as this?

Everyone stared dumbfounded as the King's hand went through his chest and extracted a golden dragon charm.

DuZhi's and Hei Bao's eyes twitched.
Disgusting... Humans are really... So, disgusting...BLEHR!

Pamella squinted in awe, but later exclaimed, while also taking into consideration what the pair of farmers had spoken to her about. She tucked her robe's neck; closing it more than normal. The metal coldness from the necklace accompanied by her nervousness made her have goosebumps.
- I need it because... Because... I need it to save the World!