Chapter 2

"Come here Ray. We’re all going on a little trip to your uncle Michael’s house, Okay?” My mother said

“ But why, mommy? I had asked her.

“ He wants us to visit him. Now go get ready. We will be right down in a few minutes to leave, Ok? “My mother said.

“ Ok mommy, can I wear my purple dwess with all da sparkles?” I asked

“ Sure, but be quick.” She yelled to me as I was running up the stairs.

After 10 minutes I went down stairs in my little purple dress with my purple shoes and my hair down. My hair is to my waist and its curly at the bottom and straight at the top.

“ MOMMY, I’M READY!” I yelled up to her. I didn’t hear an answer so I walked upstairs and I saw her in a Beautiful lavender purple dress that goes down to her ankles. My father had a button down plaid shirt, with dark blue jeans. Our family always dressed for any occasion.

“ Wow” I had gasped.

“ Mommy you look bootiful. I dought dat we werw gowing to uncle Michaels.” I had asked her.

“ We are honey, we’re going to have a small picnic.” My father told me. “We’ll arrive there tomorrow.”

We got into the car and after 40 miles on the road I started complaining that I was hungry.

“ Mommy, Daddy? Can we stop and get something to eat? I’m hungwy.” I had begged. 

“ Sure honey, we’ll stop in just a minute. There’s a Dairy Queen up ahead Ok?” My father had said. I told him “Ok” and sat quietly. Five minutes later we arrived at Dairy Queen. We went inside and we ordered lunch. My mom said that we were going to arrive at uncles house tomorrow around lunch time. We all agreed to stay at a hotel for the night.

    In the morning we get up and we each take showers. Around 7:30 in the morning we have already packed up our stuff, taken showers, and changed our clothes. I’m wearing a blue top and a light purple skirt with little ruffles. My mother is wearing a pink dress, and my father is wearing a dark blue long sleeve shirt with blue jeans.

    We get into the car and we head off to my uncles. We were close to the side of the mountain cliff road. 

“ DADDY!!!” I screamed as we spun on the flat tire, I instantly knew we were about to crash. We flew off the hill and into a river. I heard the windows shatter and hearing someone yelling ‘I love you’ as I blacked out.

AUTHORS NOTE: The italic wording means a memory, the italic with the underlining means that the character is thinking. Please continue...