whoops (2)

3rd person POV

As Darryl arrived home he sighed as he lightly traced his finger over his swollen cheek. It stung, yet, he couldn't stop touching it. The electrifying pain caused his fingers to shake and he let out a loose laugh. The pain was strangely addictive, as if touching it helped him forget about his shitty life.

Unlocking the door, Darryl trudged into the house, trying his best to block out the whispers of the dark and he trodded up to his room. He sighed, puffing out his cheeks slightly as he glared at himself in the mirror.
I need to lose weight.

He examined the handprint on his face, turning a dark shade of purple, so defined it looked like a piece of fine artwork that was etched onto the boy.

Feeling a sigh escape his lips, he allowed his body to fall backwards, letting himself sink into his bed. Grabbing his phone he scrolled through twitter, his tongue slightly poking into his cheek as he read Zak's latest tweet.

"Finna get WASTED and LAID at George's party tonight!"

Why do I even bother? He asked himself, slightly pouting as he turned over his phone to hide the screen, trying his best to ignore what was written on it. Why am I never invited anywhere? He questioned himself, letting his mind wander to fantasies of him at parties, enjoying himself. Of course he wouldn't drink. But the thought of him being accepted was enough to make Darryl giggle.

////////////////////////////////////////////

Darryl, slammed his textbook shut, letting his head lean back as he sighed deeply. Making sure not to ignore the throbbing pain in his palm from writing so much. He let his eyes flutter closed, ready to fall asleep then and there..

...

That was, of course until he heard the familiar ding of his phone. With a lock screen that read;
_______________________________
iMessage
+1 new notification
(UNKNOWN NUMBER)
+1 ATTACHMENT
_____________________________
-
-
-
- Hi all!
It's me, your lovely author ^^
I hope you're enjoying reading this story as much as I'm enjoying writing it :D
Until next time <3