𝒊. 𝒔𝒂𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒂𝒓𝒂

— Chapter 1 —

— Chapter 1

"Yejun Han, what are you doing?" our math teacher called out to my friend, who was half-standing and half-sitting down in his seat as he had his back to the teacher and his face to mine.

"Math?" Yejun answered back with a question and cleared his throat. "You know, Mr. Johnson, doing math in this position just gives me a clearer mind to concentrate on the equation and become a better student."

Mr. Johnson narrowed his eyes suspiciously at my friend, who was slowly going back to his seat with a nervous laugh on his face. "See me after class."

Everyone started silently laughing as Yejun's facial expression dropped to a panicked face. Since his intention was to talk to me, I could feel some of my classmates' gazes on me. As the teacher fixed his attention on one student who was having difficulties in a question, Yejun turned to me with a sheepish smile on his face.

"Good job," I mouthed at him, patting his shoulder hard enough to cause him to almost yelp.

"That's a great way for him to want your attention, Kiera," I heard Erika, the girl sitting to my right, whispered teasingly.

I nodded my head. "I know. He just knows how to be in the center of attention."

I turned to my left and saw Kai silently snickering and I threw my eraser at him, causing him to jump out of his seat. "Laugh again and I'll tell Mr. Johnson you did the homework literally ten minutes before class started because you stayed up all night playing Minecraft."

My threat successfully made him stop laughing. "Just please don't say that I was playing Minecraft!"

I ignored him and continued doing my own work.

▬▬▬

"Kiera!" I heard someone call my name and I turned my heels to see Tyler Rivera walk to me with a smile on his face.

He is a classmate of mine who is really tall and nice. Not to mention he's really good looking thanks to the good genes and the Canadian and Japanese blood flowing through him.

It's not surprising for him to call my name because everyone in my class gets along with each other as there's only twenty of us opposed to the normal Japanese classes, which has 35 students on average since we're in the international class.

"Yeah?" I asked him, walking slower than before as he caught up to me.

"Nothing," he said sheepishly, looking at me with his hazel eyes, "I just wanted to call you and walk together since we're going to the same class."

I looked up at him for a moment as I lightly laughed at his reasoning and looked away just in case he realized that I looked at him for a little too long.

"Have you finished the essay due tomorrow?" he asked me as we were a few seconds away from the classroom.

"Nope," I said with a laugh. "I've only written two sentences. I'll finish it tonight, and I hope I won't die. Have you finished it?"