Chapter Nine, Hearts Desire

Hearts Desire

Even though he was fresh from remembering a delightful dream, he still gave the impression of being grumpy, but in truth Denver was very relaxed and quietly enjoying himself, watching CM's shenanigans on the gangplank which were hilarious and got his day off to a great start.

He was uplifted and thought everything pointed toward it being a beautiful day and turning to Jhonny, they shared a smile, in the knowledge that this world would no longer be a lonely place.

She may have tricked them into becoming blood brothers, but both were thankful for that. To Denver, it felt like he'd found a son he didn't know he had and for Jhonny, it felt like he'd found the father he never dreamed he'd have.

After hours of lengthy discussion, they all agreed that they would make this kinship legal and binding, and it seemed only fitting that any formal adoption ceremony should be performed aboard ship, as this was where it all began.

Giving the Kid a hearty smack on the back and turning toward the cabin he said with a little wink of his eye, "I've some important things that need my attendance, before the docking ceremony."

And with a little smirk, the Kid replied, "Okay Captain, I've got your back"

He no longer slept below decks with the rest of the crew, he shared a room on the top deck, with Conon, the mute bodyguard of the Mistress, as he'd come to call Denver's guest, as he insisted on calling her.

Jhonny had learned, that whenever Denver cared for someone, he tended to use their forenames intimately and respectfully, it was something he'd come to appreciate.

He once asked him why and was told.

"People tend to assume you're a friend when on first name terms, but heed my words son, for this ain't true.

But, it works for me if I put down a marker when talking outside my private quarters, finding it more intimate and respectful"

Out of respect, Denver knocked gently on his cabin door, before entering, not the sort of person to just bustle in without warning, another thing reserved for those he cared for and respected.

As the door opened the smell of French perfume caught his attention, it was one of his favourites and immediately aroused his senses, he was beckoned by the sound of her sultry voice, it was like a noose entwining his heart, luring him back to bed, the delicious sight of those satin red sheets gliding sensually across her perfect black torso, was impossible to resist.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, he felt her fingernails being drawn down his neck and as he slipped off his boots, he felt a tinge of guilt for thinking momentarily that he should have left his boots for the kid to a clean.

Slow but sure her arms wove gracefully around him like silken vines, he could not resist as they drew him relentlessly beneath the sheets, there wasn't a chink of light but the stars shone brightly in their eyes as they shared a little more than their secrets, satisfying their hearts desire.

The Mayor was due onboard on a get to know you visit, but what the hell Talulah could deal with him, if need be, men and even the gods would have to wait.